Rausch Dec 11/12

I’m using GMRS midland handhelds. I did some research and it seems to be the way people are moving. I have an extra I’ll bring in case anyone needs one for the trip!

Sorry for the late response, I had to find someone to sit my old dog.  If there is a slot still open and you don't mind another Conestoga wagon I would love to attend!

welcome to the party

I am up for it if there is still room.  I will understand fully if we are beyond capacity. 

I had some personal stuff come up and didn't know for sure if I was going to be available.

Bring the Beastie!!!! Always have room for you my friend

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Rob,

Wish I could make this one but the new rig is under going some modifications this month to be able to come out any play.  ;)

Also, nice to see Kindafearless is now Fearless.  Can’t wait to see your rig in person.

Joe

7d5add419de09e0dda0a6741498b930d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Hello fellow gladiator forum member  :jw

3VOLVE said:
Also, nice to see Kindafearless is now Fearless.

Fearless/Kindafearless, really depends on the day. More “kinda” this week after smashing my fingers fixing a bent shock mount.

:jw

I rode with Kindafearless at Rausch with 2 other Gladiators in November. Fun day, she led the group and did a great job. Welcome to the club!

Recognize one of the pictures from that day. Glad I did not follow you down that particular trail. Just far enough to take the picture.

3VOLVE said:
Rob,

Wish I could make this one but the new rig is under going some modifications this month to be able to come out any play.  ;)

Also, nice to see Kindafearless is now Fearless.  Can’t wait to see your rig in person.

Joe

7d5add419de09e0dda0a6741498b930d.jpg

[/quote]Glad to hear you build is coming along. Sorry you can't make this run, if you want I have a right seat open always have room for you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Conestoga wagons, Mini vans and a real Jeep Oh my!

Weather this week is a roller coaster. Looks like Snow on Wed and high Saturday is going to be 50s. So not  shorts and flip flops nor is it going to be brutally cold so we should have a good time.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and having a great time.

Cheers
Rob.

Hows cell service on the trails? I want to let the boss know what to expect and want to check in and try and get some of these badges.

Picking up a fire extinguisher today, hopefully get my LCA skids installed before we leave, and organizing tools to bring and I should be ready to roll for this weekend!

Fergsy said:
Hows cell service on the trails? I want to let the boss know what to expect and want to check in and try and get some of these badges.

Picking up a fire extinguisher today, hopefully get my LCA skids installed before we leave, and organizing tools to bring and I should be ready to roll for this weekend!

Cell service is generally very good.  To check in for the BoH trails  you can do that from the parking lot.  While I have not set plan for trails to run, they will be more on the challenging side. WE have a big group and some great talent included.  Make sure you have  you recovery gear to include winch controller in the rig,  we are going to do a pot luck lunch on Saturday need to confirm with Rattletrap55 and will add to that as we have a fairly large group.  Please  bring some stuff to share drinks  snacks etc as this is not a catered event  but a group outing. I will bring  cooking gear and a grill ( Scottle). Should be a party!

Mapping software, OnX works well, as does Maprika and Gaia maps. For this park I use Maprika, down load the latest update.

Cheers
Rob

I have to bail.  Mom needs help recovering from knee surgery.

I may try for the 18th pending weather since I still have a punch left on my card

R3 said:
Fergsy said:

Cell service is generally very good.  To check in for the BoH trails  you can do that from the parking lot.  While I have not set plan for trails to run, they will be more on the challenging side. WE have a big group and some great talent included.  Make sure you have  you recovery gear to include winch controller in the rig,  we are going to do a pot luck lunch on Saturday need to confirm with Rattletrap55 and will add to that as we have a fairly large group.  Please  bring some stuff to share drinks  snacks etc as this is not a catered event  but a group outing. I will bring  cooking gear and a grill ( Scottle). Should be a party!

Mapping software, OnX works well, as does Maprika and Gaia maps. For this park I use Maprika, down load the latest update.

Cheers
Rob

I have 36 assorted individual bags of chips, a deli container of coleslaw and potato salad, two cans of Grillin Beans, paper plates, bowls, napkins and plasticware.  I also have a camp table in my conestoga wagon.

I’ll bring some sides of some kind (to be determined when I go to the grocery store on the way out Friday)

Anyone else heading up Friday to the comfort inn? If I can’t get these LCA skid plates installed there’s a chance I’ll be doing them in the parking lot Roadkill style. I’ll have beer for everyone who’s inclined

Fergsy said:
I’ll bring some sides of some kind (to be determined when I go to the grocery store on the way out Friday)

Anyone else heading up Friday to the comfort inn? If I can’t get these LCA skid plates installed there’s a chance I’ll be doing them in the parking lot Roadkill style. I’ll have beer for everyone who’s inclined

Not sure what time I will get there but I will be there Friday night and willing to help.

Back