Rausch Dec 11/12

R3

Offroad Committee Lead
Trail Instructor
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Morning all,

Looking to head to Rausch off road park  Dec 11/12 ( Latter 1/2 day) to go play one more time this year.  Looking to run Blues/Blacks/Reds for this run. So if you are OEM ride height  you are welcome to join  but it is going to be noisy.  Weather  in December is any ones guess. could be warm and sunny or a foot of snow.

So be prepared if you sign on.

Required:
-Recovery gear to include a working winch if installed.
-Fire extinguisher and first Aid kit
-Your usual supply of tools
- Spare tire
- Work Jeep in Good mechanical shape.

Dress for the conditions and prepare to be outside.  Work as a team.

Comms: to be determined at the park.

Lead R3 JkURR
2)  BluJt Glad 2
3) Fergsy jkur
4) Major Ho jku
5) Fearless Glad 1
6)
7) irishwake TJ beast
8)
9) RVAWJ beastie
Tail Rattletrap55 CJ7

will add more  if interest peaks

Meet at the park 0800 ready to go.

I will be at the diner exit 100 for coffee and a bite. Diner opens at 0700.

Would Dec 11 be a travel + wheel day or would we travel on the 10th? Are hotels near by or is this a camping deal?

Wheeling 11&12 Dec. Hotels are available, as is camping on site or in established campgrounds

I'm likely camping at the Knights  inn.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I’m in. I’m gonna look into hotels tonight and try and drive down the night of the 10th.

put me down as a VERY strong tentative.  all depends on kids vball travel and stupid stuff like that... :?

This is a blue/black/red run folks.
For those who have not been to Rausch before, this is nothing like Pete's Mill or flag pole.

Looking at doing challenging trails to include Rock Creek, trail 20, crawl daddy, cemetery, yellow jacket and trail 5.

R3 said:
This is a blue/black/red run folks.
For those who have not been to Rausch before, this is nothing like Pete's Mill or flag pole.

Looking at doing challenging trails to include Rock Creek, trail 20, crawl daddy, cemetery, yellow jacket and trail 5.

I'd still like to try, looks fun. Think its doable without lockers? I'm not really too concerned with anything else

This past summer a little red jk joins us for the run thru death trap and rock Creek...he did find the winch a couple times.. had a jku no locker run cemetery... So yes if you run a good line and don't mind a little "touch and go" and understanding that the winch can be your friend...

It is all about the challenge.

Cheers

That’s why I’m doing it, challenge myself. I’m still in!

Fergsy said:

As you start doing harder trails, you cant get a better guide/lead than Rob.  (y)

You all have fun and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Hotel booked, staying at the Comfort Inn. I’m probably leaving mid day/early evening on on the 10th and will be ready for whenever we meet Saturday morning.

Nacho said:
Fergsy said:

As you start doing harder trails, you cant get a better guide/lead than Rob.  (y)

You all have fun and I look forward to seeing some pictures.

Thank you Scott for the kind words, there are lots of good spotters in our club. I just have fun working technical sections with folks that want to push the boundaries.  Wheeling should be fun and an adventure. Most of these rigs are far more capable that their owners could believe. So when it comes to  the question Can I do this?  The answer is up to you and either way the answer is right.

I have had  brand new folks on the trail running  stuff they thought they could never do and also had long standing members not venture off the gravel road, so it is all in the operators desire.  You want to go there  I'm good with that lets go. Too much  I'm good with that too.  If you decide to go,  all I ask is you trust your spotter.

PS winching is just part of the game and can be a great learning experience.

Cheers

Hi R3,

I’d like to sign up/tag along for this ride in Dec.

It’s been years but I “yusta-could” the blue/blacks (some reds?)then.

Also have a friend with a modded gladiator, can I do +1 or would you prefer they sign up for our forum and chime in for themselves ?

Just ordered my 2.5 lift kit today.  Hopefully will be here ~Thanksgiving and then will need to install.  It is still a strong maybe for me. 

Major Ho said:
Hi R3,

I’d like to sign up/tag along for this ride in Dec.

It’s been years but I “yusta-could” the blue/blacks (some reds?)then.

Also have a friend with a modded gladiator, can I do +1 or would you prefer they sign up for our forum and chime in for themselves ?
Welcome aboard... Will tag up some more details after this weekend.

I am interested.  However, yesterday's adventure has made it necessary to start my axle swap sooner rather than later due to my rear axle seal going out.  I understand that I could fix my current rear axle seal but the axle swap is already on the agenda and I don't want to throw good money (and time) after bad.

So long story short I am a definite maybe, contingent on having my junk fixed.

RVAWJ said:
I am interested.  However, yesterday's adventure has made it necessary to start my axle swap sooner rather than later due to my rear axle seal going out.  I understand that I could fix my current rear axle seal but the axle swap is already on the agenda and I don't want to throw good money (and time) after bad.

So long story short I am a definite maybe, contingent on having my junk fixed.

Brother I love the rig! if you need a hand  swapping  axles let me know.  PS, a seal might be a quick fix that gets you back in the running. Just a thought from the cheap seats.

FYI seems like Hampton Inn sold out for that weekend.
(Choosing Friday night check in, check out Sunday morning)

Just booked with ol' Comfort Inn, do they still do a Rausch Creek discount?

I booked at Hampton on Sunday. Just checked the Hilton app and they still have some rooms, but could be getting to be slim pickings :/

Back