Author Topic: Jeep Cross-roads  (Read 8784 times)

Offline mud-digger

• Forum User
Re: Jeep Cross-roads
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2011, 07:53:59 PM »
Under 2k for a semi built or built YJ I would go with that. 4.0 is more important then auto though.

semi built for under 2 all day long. step up to 3 and decently built. with 4.0's manual. let me know when you want one.

i come across them all the time.
www.offcambercrawlers.com   

1st rule of wheelin. Your mothers wont be coming. so you better be able to take care of yourself.

Offline ///BHRpowered

• Member 2020
  • Renegade Super Villan
    • Mazdaworld.net
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2011, 08:13:29 PM »
what conditions/mileage? high mileage and minor issues are fine as long as engine and tranny are good
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable" - ///BHRpowered
"Watching the two black Millenias disappear over the horizon in front of the helplessly outraced Chevy was a treat for the X-man" - Xedosman
"I am not looking to take over the world like BHR" - cwkann

Offline mud-digger

• Forum User
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2011, 08:30:07 PM »
what conditions/mileage? high mileage and minor issues are fine as long as engine and tranny are good

each one is different. i come across them so often, i dont even bother looking at them anymore. i got a tj coming next week and i have already put an offer on another tj. im running out of room to put the damn things.

1st rule of wheelin. Your mothers wont be coming. so you better be able to take care of yourself.

Offline ///BHRpowered

• Member 2020
  • Renegade Super Villan
    • Mazdaworld.net
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2011, 09:12:58 PM »
Usually I see TJ's go in the 5k range, and much more if built
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable" - ///BHRpowered
"Watching the two black Millenias disappear over the horizon in front of the helplessly outraced Chevy was a treat for the X-man" - Xedosman

Offline mud-digger

• Forum User
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2011, 09:46:28 PM »
Usually I see TJ's go in the 5k range, and much more if built

all those aftermarket parts dont add alot of value. sure the owners may list them for more. but they usually sell for less.  though sometimes they get lucky.

Offline TR_

• Forum User
  • Purcellville, VA
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2011, 04:52:24 AM »
IMO buy a stock cherokee 91-95. you can probably find one in good working order for a thousand; with not much more than surface rust and really faded paint. if I didn't love my girlfriend's 92 cherokee so much i'd have her sell it to you! haha

stock is definitely the way you want to go. especially if you've only budgeted $200 for repairs. you won't want to inherit the demons of previous hack jobs.
Trevor 93 YJ  95 YJ

Offline ///BHRpowered

• Member 2020
  • Renegade Super Villan
    • Mazdaworld.net
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2011, 05:13:13 PM »
Agreed. Can't find any real cheap YJ's, cheapest on CL is 2500 but its that blue one with holes the size of a beaver. Ideally I could find something with a budget boost and not much more.

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.