Linked Events

• VA4WD annual trail ride at Oakridge estates: September 17, 2021 - September 18, 2021

Author Topic: Sep 17-18 VA4WDA's Trail Ride, Nelson County, VA  (Read 1318 times)

Offline Nacho

• Club President
Re: Sep 18-19 VA4WDA's Trail Ride, Nelson County, VA
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2021, 08:05:38 PM »
Tickets just went on sale. I only got one since I assumed it was a ticket per vehicle.

Anyone know if you can bring family in the jeep with the single ticket, maybe just buy them dinner at the party?

Edit: I found the meal tickets for $10.

Just bought a ticket!

I am so excited for this event - can't stop talking about it  :eek

I cant wait to get back to Oakridge....

So looks like:

• JOWEE
  • BLACKHAWKJEEP
  • CookieMonster
  • PSUJeeper
  • Me
Any other NOVA Jeepers going to this?

I have an extra meal ticket if anyone needs/wants it.

I am updating the original post with a list of those I have as going and some new details.  Please check top of this thread if you have tickets.

Offline HarvinJeep

• Forum User
Re: Sep 17-18 VA4WDA's Trail Ride, Nelson County, VA
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2021, 08:33:29 PM »
Me!!!  Guide on line 7, if yall join us we will be running GNRS, if you don't have one get with your guides in Line 7 we will have a fee spare hand held units to lone out.
2001 TJ Sport, Steel Blue
1975 CJ-6 (Tanish for now)

- Jeeps are like kids, you are always buying them toys
"Throw all our cares away It's a ragtop day" - Jimmy Buffett

Offline 42circle

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2021, 10:08:17 AM »
I will be there. Hoping to leave after work on Thursday and it looks like we will be camping. Looking forward to seeing/meeting more of the NOVA jeepers

Offline Nacho

• Club President
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2021, 10:49:22 AM »
I will be there. Hoping to leave after work on Thursday and it looks like we will be camping. Looking forward to seeing/meeting more of the NOVA jeepers

Glad to hear it  :tu

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Member 2021
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2021, 11:52:48 AM »
Officially on vacation mode  :twist I took off Wednesday from work too just to pack etc. See everyone soon here.

"... hey heim-joint, that's your name now!"

Offline HarvinJeep

• Forum User
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2021, 02:33:03 PM »

Glad to hear it  :tu

Sent you a PM incase you were looking for a room

Offline 42circle

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2021, 06:37:44 PM »
Got a room at the village INN, She said they might have one more open for Thursday/Friday if anyone is still looking

Offline HarvinJeep

• Forum User
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2021, 08:31:00 PM »
My understanding there is another onen that should be opening in the morning.

Offline Nacho

• Club President
« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2021, 08:49:05 PM »
Got a room at the village INN, She said they might have one more open for Thursday/Friday if anyone is still looking

My understanding there is another one that should be opening in the morning.

Thanks gentlemen...look forward to seeing you this weekend.
 :cheers

Offline CookieMonster

• Member 2021
  • 2019 JLURT
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2021, 09:05:38 AM »
How early is everyone aiming to arrive Friday morning? it says everything opens at 7am, but appears to give you a 90 minute window to get checked in. 

I have a VRBO just on the other side of 29, so it is really just a matter of getting my 3 boys awake and fed in the morning.

I am planning on driving down Thursday evening and grabbing dinner along the way.

Offline Nacho

• Club President
« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2021, 10:42:45 AM »
How early is everyone aiming to arrive Friday morning? it says everything opens at 7am, but appears to give you a 90 minute window to get checked in. 

I have a VRBO just on the other side of 29, so it is really just a matter of getting my 3 boys awake and fed in the morning.

I am planning on driving down Thursday evening and grabbing dinner along the way.

IIRC, we get our groups Thursday when we register.  If that is the case, I would say closer to 8...if we dont get our groups in advance, I will likely get there early to ensure I get into group 7.

Offline CookieMonster

• Member 2021
  • 2019 JLURT
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2021, 10:59:32 AM »
Oh so I need to be there Thursday between 2 and 6pm? I was assuming that was just for camping.

Offline Nacho

• Club President
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2021, 12:35:29 PM »
Oh so I need to be there Thursday between 2 and 6pm? I was assuming that was just for camping.

I think that is when we register.  Admittedly, I have only been once so someone step in if I am off.

Offline Jeeper88

• Member 2021 VA4WD
  • Forum User
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2021, 02:44:38 PM »
From the registration info:

ITINERARY:

Thursday, September 16, 2021
2:00 PM    Camping area opens (Oak Ridge Estate Race Track)
2:00 PM – 6:00 PM     Check-in opens at camping field by entrance. The entrance and exit to the Camping Area is through GATE 5 only. This requires us to drive the trail to the track. When you enter the track, registered guests will be required to check in and pick up their own driver’s bags and ordered extras. Then everyone must sign the insurance forms. An ID will be required. Please limit your speed to 15 mph while on the track! Please keep all vehicles, trailers, trail rigs, campers, and RVs on the track surface. The only thing allowed on the infield grass is tents. Campers and trucks and trailers will be parked perpendicular to the track as we have many coming and need the room.  Those that are no shows will have to make arrangements with Jesse and Sandy Schneirla to receive ordered extras. BRING YOUR CAN OF CHILI!!

Friday, September 17, 2021
7:00 AM    Staging area opens for all with check-in for those that didn’t do so on Thursday. Everyone must sign the insurance forms (Staging Area is our usual location, near the Atlas Statue, up on the hill past the Race Track.) The entrance and exit to the Staging Area is through GATE 5 only. This requires us to drive on the race track. Please limit your speed to 15 mph! Please see the map below for location of Gate 5 and the route to the Staging Area. We apologize for the inconvenience, this is a VDOT requirement. An ID and current registration for your wheeling vehicle will be required to enter the staging area. A special event decal will be provided at the entrance to the staging area to be placed on the wheeling vehicle windshield. When leaving the staging area, if you don’t have the special event decal on your windshield you will be pulled out of line.

BRING YOUR CAN OF CHILI!!

7:00-8:30 AM   Vehicle line up and vehicle inspection to include a cooler check – no alcohol on the trail. (Staging Area). Limit of 20 vehicles per line. Strictly enforced. If you plan to wheel with a group, it is encouraged to get to the staging area and get in a line that will hold your group. If you have more than 20 vehicles in your group, you will be required to break up your group. Your wheeling rig will also be inspected to make sure it is safe on the trail and for others on the trail. If you are pulled out of line for a safety issue, you can either fix the issue and re-join your group or park your rig and jump in with someone else. This is to make sure we don’t have any injuries due to faulty equipment on the property.
8:30 AM    Drivers’ Meeting (Staging area) Make sure you have a full tank of gas, lunch,
                  plenty of water/non-alcoholic drinks, and your driver raffle ticket.
4:00 PM     Trail ride ends for the day.

Saturday. September 18, 2021
7:00 AM     Staging area opens for all with check-in for those that didn’t do so on Thursday or Friday. Everyone must sign the insurance forms (Staging Area is our usual location, near the Atlas Statue, up on the hill past the Race Track.) BRING YOUR CAN OF CHILI!!
7:00-8:30 AM     Vehicle line up and vehicle inspection to include a cooler check – no alcohol on the trail (Staging Area). Limit of 20 vehicles per line. Same rules apply. Remain in the same line you were in on Friday.
8:30 AM      Drivers’ Meeting (Staging area) Make sure you have a full tank of gas, lunch,
                     plenty of water/non-alcoholic drinks, and your driver raffle ticket.
4:00 PM      Trail ride ends for the day.
4:00 PM – 6:30 PM      Dinner provided (Near the stage area). BRING YOUR MEAL TICKET, YOUR LAWN CHAIR, A FLASHLIGHT AND PLENTY OF CASH FOR RAFFLE TICKETS!!
5:30 PM      Entertainment, Guest speakers and Raffle begins

Sunday, September 19, 2021
7:00AM – 12:00PM     Everyone cleans up the camping area, pack up, head home.
VA4WDA FALL RUN STAGING AND LINES:
To help with the wait time in the woods this year we are going to strictly enforce the 20 vehicles per line rule. So, if you have a group make sure to get there early and keep the group to 20. The Trail Guides will thin the line by making the last in line go to another line to keep it at 20. Keep this in mind when you are asked to move to a different line. It pays to be early to the staging area!

Hope this helps.

Ken

Offline CookieMonster

• Member 2021
  • 2019 JLURT
« Reply #44 on: September 15, 2021, 03:08:32 PM »
Friday, September 17, 2021
7:00 AM    Staging area opens for all with check-in for those that didn’t do so on Thursday.

I guess I'll just have to hope group 7 doesn't fill up.

Officers:

President: Scott Posti (Nacho) | Vice President: VACANT | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: VACANT

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.