Author Topic: Non Paenitet (No Regrets)  (Read 928 times)

Online Gr8Dain

• Trail Team
  • BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
Re: Non Paenitet (No Regrets)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2021, 10:42:37 AM »
You definitely don’t do anything with less than 125% do you?  Wow.  Another awesome rig in the works. 
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2021
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
I like that front hub kit. Nice stuff.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2021, 05:58:48 PM »
Replaced spark plugs

Gave it a new valve cover gasket

Also, cleaned up the valve cover and replaced the PCV grommets and elbows
2004 LJ - Built to wheel, but hides in the garage :(

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2021, 06:12:18 PM »
Removed the front bumper to start cleaning up the frame. Prepping it for a manual SwayLoc and Savvy front bumper. Found a rats nest of wiring hidden under the bumper.

All clean and waiting for more parts!

So I replaced the stock connectors with a ceramic version (orange) and added an adapter (Red/Blue wire) to convert to H13 bulbs.

Also, added a set of free JK headlights. Not the best lighting, but you JK owners forget these were a step up from the pathetic sealed beam lights!

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2021, 06:26:18 PM »
You definitely don’t do anything with less than 125% do you?  Wow.  Another awesome rig in the works.

I don't know any other way. Plus, I like the challenge of turning someone else's throw away into something really nice. Admittedly, age is slowing me down, but I still won't cut corners, especially here. I'm very close to retiring and this is likely the last build I'm going to do.

I like that front hub kit. Nice stuff.

It is a very nice setup. Well designed, tough, and very easy to service. If needed, I could replace the hub in less than ten minutes. The bearings and seals could be done easily in 30 - 45 minutes. It wasn't cheap, but it's also the cheapest I've ever seen it, at $980.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0078UA000/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A2FG7JTLH1603B&psc=1

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2021, 06:39:58 PM »
Started working on the rear 44. It got cleaned up, repaired, and painted. Then new Revolution axles were installed, along with new bearings and seals.

I still have to bend new hard lines, install new soft lines, replace/repair the broken axle side vent tube, and add calipers.

Online highlandercj-7

• Forum User
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2021, 07:49:24 AM »
Where did you pick up the elbows and grommets? I need did the gasket on the Daughters TJ but no one had the grommets or elbows in stock.
HighlanderCJ-7

Offline Jeepin_Donnie

• Club President
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2021, 08:49:15 AM »
AMAZING work!  Loving this build!  Can't wait to see more!   :wrench  :cheers
Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  :)

Offline RFH_98TJ

• Forum User
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2021, 11:57:23 AM »
Thanks for the links Rich.  I saved them in my Amazon cart for when I order next.  They'll hang on the wall until I need them - but at least I'll have them.
98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 35s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, Lots of welding

- Frank

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2021, 08:00:35 PM »
The axles haven't gone in yet, pending a couple parts I'm waiting on. Moving forward best I can, I installed the new sway bar setup. Although I run a Currie AntiRock on the LJ, I opted for a SwayLoc system on the TJ. This is largely because I'll daily drive the TJ. If you're not familiar with SwayLoc, it's basically a dual rate system that allows you to run the best of both worlds for a front stabilizer. In the locked position you get the equivalent of the stock stabilizer. Unlocked, it operates just like the AntiRock. The pictures were before everything was buttoned up, but the basic look is there.

https://offroadonly.com/swayloc/

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:03:41 PM by Runner »

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2021, 08:14:40 PM »
Still waiting on the Savvy front bumper, but the UCF rear bumper showed up. I run the tire carrier version of this on the LJ. It was picked here, because it will match the style of the Savvy, but allows for carrying a basket or light towing. The Savvy rear bumper does not. Everything major gets weighed. Keeping this thing light is a top priority of the build.

https://undercoverfab.com/jeep-tj-lj-97-06/201-ucf-aluminum-rear-bumper-for-jeep-yj-tj.html

« Last Edit: March 03, 2021, 08:19:16 PM by Runner »

Offline Irish_Wake

• Member 2021
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2021, 08:30:10 PM »
The axles haven't gone in yet, pending a couple parts I'm waiting on. Moving forward best I can, I installed the new sway bar setup. Although I run a Currie AntiRock on the LJ, I opted for a SwayLoc system on the TJ. This is largely because I'll daily drive the TJ. If you're not familiar with SwayLoc, it's basically a dual rate system that allows you to run the best of both worlds for a front stabilizer. In the locked position you get the equivalent of the stock stabilizer. Unlocked, it operates just like the AntiRock. The pictures were before everything was buttoned up, but the basic look is there.

https://offroadonly.com/swayloc/

Very anxious to hear your experiences with swayloc on the TJ, especially in comparison to your LJ.  I really want to get one down the road.  Is there any adjustment on the SwayLoc's leverage like on an Antirock, or is it factory set?

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2021, 06:25:12 AM »
Very anxious to hear your experiences with swayloc on the TJ, especially in comparison to your LJ.  I really want to get one down the road.  Is there any adjustment on the SwayLoc's leverage like on an Antirock, or is it factory set?

If you look closely at the last picture you can see there are a series of holes for dialing in the off-road stiffness. Just like the ones on the AntiRock. Overall, the design is smart and simple. I opted for the manual version, for simplicity, but they also sell a "air" actuated  version. The only downside to either, based on what I've seen and heard from others, is cost. Neither option is cheap in comparison to traditional disconnects.

Offline Irish_Wake

• Member 2021
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2021, 01:53:32 PM »

If you look closely at the last picture you can see there are a series of holes for dialing in the off-road stiffness. Just like the ones on the AntiRock. Overall, the design is smart and simple. I opted for the manual version, for simplicity, but they also sell a "air" actuated  version. The only downside to either, based on what I've seen and heard from others, is cost. Neither option is cheap in comparison to traditional disconnects.
Ah yup!  I see them now.  The manual actuation does help the cost quite a bit though, I appreciate they have both versions.  More than an antirock, but throwing that kind of money around, and based on what I've heard recently about the two options, a hundred and change more for better manners all-around is definitely worth it!

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Scott Posti (Nacho)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.