Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020  (Read 2316 times)

Offline BlueKJ

• Member 2020
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2020, 07:50:20 PM »
Pulled it into the garage for the first time since moving here and she barely fit. Won’t be able to jack it up with the garage door open.

Offline unl1mtd

• BOD
  • King George, VA
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2020, 07:57:20 PM »
Walked past it and scoffed in disgust as I drove the Toyota to work today.
unl1mtd@novajeepers.com   

Offline majestek12

• Forum User
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2020, 08:22:48 PM »
Thanks!

Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MZVMPKZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As for interference with the air bag, it could be possible but I believe it sits out far enough that the air bag would easily deploy and likely just bend the metal given the angle it sits.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Generally anything in front of the airbag is a no-no.

Interesting marketing of that product on Amazon... Of the four application pics, one is it empty, one is it with a phone, one is it holding a Hoegarden, one holding a bottle of Jack...!

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2020, 08:36:58 PM »
I hear you. Not the best position but the pic is a little deceiving. It is not really in front of the airbag that much. I could likely bend the bracket slightly and be all good.

I thought that marketing pic was so weird too. If you are advertising a car cup holder, you think the last thing you would put in the holder would be alcohol. SMH

Offline Jeepsnbuses

• Member 2020
    • LinkedIn
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2020, 09:10:08 AM »
Thanks!

Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MZVMPKZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As for interference with the air bag, it could be possible but I believe it sits out far enough that the air bag would easily deploy and likely just bend the metal given the angle it sits.

Generally anything in front of the airbag is a no-no.

Interesting marketing of that product on Amazon... Of the four application pics, one is it empty, one is it with a phone, one is it holding a Hoegarden, one holding a bottle of Jack...!

They know their clientele well!
2002 TJ Sport
Tow rig: 1973 Thomas school bus RV conversion. It's slow.

- Adam

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2020, 10:24:59 AM »
Walked past it and scoffed in disgust as I drove the Toyota to work today.

This made me laugh Sean.  I do the same thing periodically, but for a different reason.  That reason, now my signature, is "Built to wheel, but hides in the garage"
2004 LJ - Built to wheel, but hides in the garage :(

Offline RFH_98TJ

• Forum User
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »
Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.  I changed my oil in my TJ on Monday.  What a pain in the a$$!  I have an oil pan skid with the small oval hole for draining the oil thru.  I bought a nice new large rectangular plastic container from Walmart for draining the oil into.  Sounds simple right?  So I laid on the ground next to the container like I have always done, and removed the plug.  The HOT oil came out in a nice arc about as big around as your thumb.  When it hit the container it splattered everywhere in about a 3 foot radius.  The pan has little raised ridges to guide the oil towards the drain.  It splattered all over my face, glasses, shoulder, neck, and the ground.  What a friggin' mess!  As it was almost finished, the oil then was not coming out into the skid opening, it was landing on the skid itself and puddling.  I had to run in the garage and cut a piece of plastic to redirect it outward.  I then had to remove the filter from the top of the engine bay.  Now that the skid is there, I had to cock it slightly to pull it up and out to clear the distributor.  Of course what spilled out landed right on the top side of the skid and enlarged the nice puddle that was already there.  Put the plug back in, new filter, and refilled.  Everything is now slimed.  I almost went thru a whole roll of paper towels before I got the 2 cans of degreaser and garden hose out.

I think I will be getting one of those Fumoto valves to install during the next oil change.
98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 35s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, Lots of welding

- Frank

Offline overhead

• Member 2020
  • Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2020, 09:49:28 AM »
Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself.  I changed my oil in my TJ on Monday.  What a pain in the a$$!  I have an oil pan skid with the small oval hole for draining the oil thru.  I bought a nice new large rectangular plastic container from Walmart for draining the oil into.  Sounds simple right?  So I laid on the ground next to the container like I have always done, and removed the plug.  The HOT oil came out in a nice arc about as big around as your thumb.  When it hit the container it splattered everywhere in about a 3 foot radius.  The pan has little raised ridges to guide the oil towards the drain.  It splattered all over my face, glasses, shoulder, neck, and the ground.  What a friggin' mess!  As it was almost finished, the oil then was not coming out into the skid opening, it was landing on the skid itself and puddling.  I had to run in the garage and cut a piece of plastic to redirect it outward.  I then had to remove the filter from the top of the engine bay.  Now that the skid is there, I had to cock it slightly to pull it up and out to clear the distributor.  Of course what spilled out landed right on the top side of the skid and enlarged the nice puddle that was already there.  Put the plug back in, new filter, and refilled.  Everything is now slimed.  I almost went thru a whole roll of paper towels before I got the 2 cans of degreaser and garden hose out.

I think I will be getting one of those Fumoto valves to install during the next oil change.

My goodness they're worth it, I've got it on the YJ now and literally picked on up for dad's tj last week for the next oil change. 
The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »

Sorry to hear that Frank.

What skid do you have so I don't have the same issue if I buy one in the future?

Offline overhead

• Member 2020
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2020, 10:06:48 AM »

What skid do you have so I don't have the same issue if I buy one in the future?

90% of the skids on the market will have that issue. I have two different UCF skids and they both have a hold for the oil changes that sucks. Skid row was the worst I've used for oil changes. 

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2020, 10:13:33 AM »

90% of the skids on the market will have that issue. I have two different UCF skids and they both have a hold for the oil changes that sucks. Skid row was the worst I've used for oil changes.

Agreed. They all have that issue. I have a Fumoto, but if I was doing it again I'd use a Stahlbus Oil Drain Valve. It's a lower profile.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMXATDC/?creativeASIN=B01AMXATDC&linkCode=w61&imprToken=IZy.xopUBKQ8AV18RJy20w&slotNum=3&tag=wranglerorg-20
2004 LJ - Built to wheel, but hides in the garage :(

Offline overhead

• Member 2020
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2020, 10:24:39 AM »

Offline RattleTrap55

• Trail Team
  • Member 2020
  • 84 CJ7
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2020, 04:35:59 PM »
Drove the CJ about 60 miles today working on the tune with the new ECU (Megasquirt MS3/V3.57). After a week of failed struggling I have finally gotten a strong enough understanding of the MegaSquirt MS3 and the TunerStudio software to make progress. It is driveable but not fully dialed in yet. I will continue to plug away until next Wednesday when it goes on a Dyno and a professional tuner takes the keyboard.

Dang that took longer than I expected. :s
4" Lift on 33's
4.2L MegaSquirt MFI & Howard Cam
T-5 & Dana 300 with 4:1 Conversion
Dana 44 rear
Smittybilt 9,500 Winch
Eaton elocker front
Auburn etc locker rear

2018 JKU - box stock
2002 TJ Sahara w/Very Rusted Frame

Offline jdavis2nd

• Member 2020
    • Black Goat Off-Road Club
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2020, 07:10:07 PM »
Picked up the CJ after having ORI install the Holley Sniper kit.

Offline Gr8Dain

• Trail Team
  • BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2020, 07:19:59 PM »
Picked up the CJ after having ORI install the Holley Sniper kit.

Awesome, if you have throttle tip in, I can give a pointer.  And if you want to set the RPM range to make the needle sweep actually matter, you can.  I set the max number to 20 instead of 80.  Liked it much better.  Good luck with it.  I liked mine a lot.
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.