What did you do to your Jeep today? - Aug 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removed the temporary track bar from my buddies XJ. ;) We had to wait for the new mount to show up after installing a new rebuilt D30. Once we got it installed and welded up, we still have an issue trying to get things aligned

He ran tire first into a guard rail. At this point, we think we narrowed it down to 1 of 2 things. Either control arms are tweaked (fingers crossed this is it), or more than likely the unibody is tweaked. We're gonna try and find a frame machine and see if she's straight before we decide where to go from here.

IMG_0782.jpg
;)

Thanks to Mr. Bezos and the prime delivery folks I was able to get the drag link adjustment sleeve overnight. I was able to make quick work of it after work today.

The rod end at the pitman arm was the original and probably had about a year of life left in it. I had a Moog spare on the shelf in the garage so I went ahead and replaced it while I was in there.

Should be ready for Rausch this weekend.

Last edited:
Finally got my drag link in so I swapped out my steering for 7075 aluminum. Ordered a tmz stabilizer bracket since it had 1/2 and 5/8 threads and found out that my stock stabilizer isn’t 1/2. Any recommendations on a stabilizer since I have to buy a new one now.
ecc223cd4f88f31229881c66cda87da9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally got my drag link in so I swapped out my steering for 7075 aluminum. Ordered a tmz stabilizer bracket since it had 1/2 and 5/8 threads and found out that my stock stabilizer isn’t 1/2. Any recommendations on a stabilizer since I have to buy a new one now.

Instead of buying a new stabilizer, just press out the sleeve and bushing and replace with ones that fit? Or, if the stabilizer post is shouldered, just remove the sleeve? Normally sleeves are used to keep the threads of a bolt from chewing up the bushing itself, but if the post is shouldered there's no threads to worry about.

Majestek always gives great advice. If you do end up buying one though, I would highly recommend a Fox.

Yesterday I made it from Best Buy in Sterling to the Best Buy in Leesburg in 10 min. Crazy thing, I was trying to get there before the 1900 close and I was moving with the flow of traffic.

I have a brand new Metal Cloak stabilizer for a TJ that I'm not going to try and make work if interested.

Thanks for all the reply’s. I tried taking the sleeve out and drilling it out bigger and ended up with the sleeve stuck in a drill it. I ended up ordering a teraflex 9550 stabilizer and another clamp. Hoping that I can piece together something tomorrow when it gets here.

Made a sway bar disconnect actuator motor skidplate for the JK.

when I swapped out the factory bumper, I lost the skidplate for the disconnect unit. Decided it was probably worth cooking up something quick. I guess it’ll suffice. I put a jack under it and got the front tires off the ground, so I guess it’ll be enough to protect it.

9EABC012-88AC-49A2-BE3C-7939F38F2251.jpeg

Spent the afternoon installing an arb twin compressor. I used the m.o.r.e. Under hood bracket. Found out I can’t remove empty switch spots from the factory location and had to order a rugged ridge insert to add the switch.
23e00bcc9d8ba0b28baed52aa7eeafe9.jpg

90e15ad09600b5b2ca6c0187d422cad8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back