Stoney Run trail *reminder*

Added to Calendar: 11-05-22

Can you add me as a “tentative“ for this one? Depends on work, but if I can make it, I’m interested. Will know more about work in a couple weeks

***Little update
Wife and I went to Harrisonburg today, she wanted to visit niece and new baby. So I took her Cherokee to check our route from the meetup to trailhead.
Its legit 40 minute drive, just so everyone is aware. Paved mountain road, no lines but wide enough for two cars, LOTS of switchbacks.

For those not aware of what our return route, Reddish Knob road is like, its the paved access up to the overlook. It is NARROW.
12 ft max, 10 in some places and lots of potholes, guardrail on the downhill side. We can stop at the knob/overlook if the group wants to, its only about 1 mile from the end of the return. We can vote on it.

Can you add me as a “tentative“ for this one? Depends on work, but if I can make it, I’m interested. Will know more about work in a couple weeks
Update…. I’m on-call that weekend, so I won’t be able to make it. Sorry.

please take lots of pics and notes, ‘cause it sounds like something interesting for future trips!

@OneArmedSaint
Hey joe,
I hate to do this, but I too have to bow out of this one. My daughter's cheer team won their regional competition last night and will be competing in the VA State Championship game that same day. I dont want to miss that one, apologies...and have fun. Look forward to hearing how goes.

Are we still going on the loop? Just bring our own grubage?

1667178462057.png

@OneArmedSaint Joe Will plan to be at the rally point around 0730ish. We can talk thru how you want to run the ride since Scott buggered off.

Cheers

Depending on the timing of when we cross the flag pole entrance I might like to run Union Springs back down after the Stoney Run trail.... I'm 3+ hours from this place anywhay what is another hour or two. LOL

Depending on the timing of when we cross the flag pole entrance I might like to run Union Springs back down after the Stoney Run trail.... I'm 3+ hours from this place anywhay what is another hour or two. LOL
When we come up where Briery Branch and Reddish Knob meet, Flagpole road shoots off to the northeast towards the meadow, so yeah you could run Union Springs.

Reactions: R3
Thanks. My wife wanted to see where the trail was. It will be nice someday when I get my own Jeep and she can then ride along with me.
She's welcome to come see it in person saturday too. There's more seats available.

Back