RRR

With a V8 they recommend the 3.8:1 gears

With the Pentastar 4.3:1

Small motors 4cylinder they are ok with the deeper gears. In the end they will build you what you want.

Atlas recommends the 5 and 6:1 for low power/torque applications. I am thinking the 3.6 is pretty low power/torque...but hey what do I know
This is what they have on their site.

1682338380196.png

I want the 5.44:1 as that is basically by transfercase in High/Low and then an added Low/Low. So I wish I could justify the $3600 right now, just can't.

This is what they have on their site.

View attachment 6481

I want the 5.44:1 as that is basically by transfercase in High/Low and then an added Low/Low. So I wish I could justify the $3600 right now, just can't.
4 speed cases are a different story was talking straight 5:1 gearing.

@spnkzyj something else to note, the idler pin the larger dia is much stronger and will last a lot longer. Just don't buy the "race case" set up. You can spec the larger Idler in a trail case. Call em up and talk to tech support.

Gettign old and having a adventurous youth is not for wimps. Most of the Red Jeep mods will be on hold until later in the year due to soem health issues. Once I get those sorted the adventure can continue.

Least I can get the parts orginized , painted and ready to deploy in the fall.

Gettign old and having a adventurous youth is not for wimps. Most of the Red Jeep mods will be on hold until later in the year due to soem health issues. Once I get those sorted the adventure can continue.

Least I can get the parts orginized , painted and ready to deploy in the fall.
Sorry to hear about the issues.

If you need a hand with any installs, feel free to hit me up.

Managed to get the oil leak fix after my Rausch trip. Oil pressure sensor was leaking.... new pressure sensor and were off and running again. still combatting health challenges but getting better and still hold hope for Memorial day weekend and Uwharrie.

Been a minute with life events driving the day. Getting the big Red Jeep ready to hit the Black Hills of South Dakota and the Dakota Terratory Challenge. Few Vids of the trails we intend to run I am upgrading armor on the Step sliders. the current sliders are a bit tweaked and require some kinetic massage to accept the new armor. My shop time is cut down to segments of 4 hrs or so a day so a simple task is going to take a minute.

Also the Ruk is getting a simple upgrade. Air Suspension. @3VOLVE and his X3 trailer gave me the idea. How hard can it be? 2in DOM in house, new axle in house, some poly suspension ends and two 800# rolling lobe air bags and a bit o Steel. couple weekends and I think the Ruk will be on Air.... Oh yeah upgraded the tires a bit too. 40/13.50Rx17 Milestars.... just wanted the trailer to match the rig LOL. Over the next few weekends the Ruk should be ready for SD

It is killing me to have such limited work windows right now. Way too many projects and just not enough time. Trailer suspension is comign along. Design is roughed out ( very detailed on two sheets of 8.5x11 graph paper) and materials are in house. Desided to start with tire and wheel off set first to locate the outter control arm. To do that need to mount those big A$$ tires on the wheels. Little paint work and the black and Bronze wheel will now match the Big Red Jeeps wheels. Little luck the big rollie things will be on wheels this week. Then exersize the welding tabel and fixtures.... ohhh ahhh.....lol.

Last edited:
Wheel and tires married....mounted on new axle.... suspension next.

40/13.50x17 Patagonia x2.. Why? Because we can🤪🤪

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_152844537.jpg
    IMG_20230713_152844537.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20230713_152854765.jpg
    IMG_20230713_152854765.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 57
Control arms are built and ready to be attache dto the axle and new cross member. Looking at a test fit next weekend to locate the air bags. stay tuned.

New Warn 10 Platimum just showed up thanks to Adventerous 4x4. Now to pull the front bumper and install. Glad I have a tractor with a loader this will make moving steel aroudn som much easier. Yes you read that right A Warn 10 not 10S. Why? I have a brand new Master Pull Superline XD line so I did not need the Warn Synthetic and the additional cost. The remote mountign for the control box should be in this weeked too to clean up the front of the rig and allow better air flow for the trip to SD this summer. the list of stuff to get ready is getting longer and the time is getting shorter.... Love the pressure! (Not) 🤪 :ROFLMAO::cool:

Anyone need a Brand new steel roller fairlead and Winch hook and 100ft of steel cable? Come get em.

40s on the trailer...... why?

Silly question......

Beacuse we can.

Pic to follow

Good morning,
Many years of discussion and debating the power plant for the Big Red Jeep decission is made. Pulled the trigger on a repower by RPM extreme. The repower will include a GM LT 6.2 motor (420HP/460LBsFT) and a 8L90E trans with a Atlas II 3.8 gear transfercase. Why?

Red Jeep is ahefty girl at near 7000# plus a little trailer behind. Keeping up on the road with a 220cubic inch motor is embarssing. Since I do not have the luxuary of a Tow Pig, the Red Jeep goes on it own. The repower is much cheaper than a $70,000-$80,000 truck and $10,000 for a trailer. Yes there has been soem exploration into building a Tow rig, but again the cost of a build like that still rigs in at $50-60,000.

With a little help from my friends teh Final suspension upgrade goes on in Jan/Feb. After this look for RED Jeep trail runs and more adventures.

Red Jeep out.

Back