RRR

Attachments

• IMG_20230208_163735134.jpg
    IMG_20230208_163735134.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 68
More progress on the rear seat delete. Almost there.

Attachments

• IMG_20230210_164213168.jpg
    IMG_20230210_164213168.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20230210_164220970.jpg
    IMG_20230210_164220970.jpg
    900.7 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20230210_164245445_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230210_164245445_HDR.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Parts are stacking up.

Need to flip the tie rod... drill ream and install bushings have two killer adjustable reamers....

Need to start sub assemblies now that the weather is warming up. New skids have some welding to do.

Thinking on mounting the new rear tank if the current shocks are not in the way. If that happens then the OEM tank can be removed and the rear cross member can be installed.

Head gasket set in in house and one the list of things to do.

Then it might be ready for Uwharrie and the Black Hills

Question, does anyone have a connection to a custom exhaust shop in the area?

Question, does anyone have a connection to a custom exhaust shop in the area?
If you are a glutton for punishment, the magnaflow builders kit worked well for us on the JL - some assembly required 😜

If you are a glutton for punishment, the magnaflow builders kit worked well for us on the JL - some assembly required 😜
Was looking at that... Need a couple V band joints to get around the double triangle rear suspension....

So I have a garage full of part to go on the Red Jeep just about evrything I need to go forward but shocks. King has delayed the build 2-3 weeks + shipping time. Just love being held hostage by a manufacturer "take my money and well get back with you". The whole suspension upgrade hinges on the shocks. Going to look at teh tank relocate this weekend, but I think the current coilovers will be in the way....

New exhaust installed today... Guess what it didn't fit, go figure. Little cutting and some O' Riley's parts and it is in. More modifications will be forthcoming to the exhaust for now give me a good idea of where I can run the final product.

New exhaust installed today... Guess what it didn't fit, go figure. Little cutting and some O' Riley's parts and it is in. More modifications will be forthcoming to the exhaust for now give me a good idea of where I can run the final product.
Keep at it! It is going to be so great in the end!

Reactions: R3
Keep at it! It is going to be so great in the end!
Oh yes. Just what come along with building kustom rigs. New exhaust is rowdy. Think. 1965 Ferrari GT 250... Might change the muffler out at some point down the road...for now enjoying the music

Oh yes. Just what come along with building kustom rigs. New exhaust is rowdy. Think. 1965 Ferrari GT 250... Might change the muffler out at some point down the road...for now enjoying the music
i would love to have a mean sounding exhaust. but i also dont want to distract the silence of the trail.

Up in a cloud of steam today ... Yup head gasket let go....been nursing it for a while seems that I have an appointment with my jeep and the garage this weekend. Sigh

Flip side, have the top end gasket kit in house, and new injectors....

Need to find the torque specs for the top end. Cam retainers mainly. Rest should be good

ARP studs arriving Tuesday....

Little disassembly each night this week and should have it together by Sunday night? Fingers crossed

Up in a cloud of steam today ... Yup head gasket let go....been nursing it for a while seems that I have an appointment with my jeep and the garage this weekend. Sigh

Flip side, have the top end gasket kit in house, and new injectors....

Need to find the torque specs for the top end. Cam retainers mainly. Rest should be good

ARP studs arriving Tuesday....

Little disassembly each night this week and should have it together by Sunday night? Fingers crossed

Well, at least we don't have to wonder anymore, Red Jeep gave a definitive answer....

• Haha
Reactions: R3
Back