2nd Days 87 Grand Waggy (FSJ)

Been a while, slow, but steady progress. New starter is in.

Been working on sanding rust in prep for rust converter and bed lined interior. Goal is not perfection, just safe inside. Need to get front seat rails off and extra seatbelt bolts out via torch. Will need to sand in these places as well.

It will turn over, but not starting yet.

Planning on going thru fuel system next, then plugs and wires.

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

Finally got new fuel line in and fuel fiter, took forever to ship.

Still working on drivers seat rail and two seat belt bolts. Going to try JB Welding nuts on what I cant break loose.

Finally got new fuel line in and fuel fiter, took forever to ship.

Still working on drivers seat rail and two seat belt bolts. Going to try JB Welding nuts on what I cant break loose.

Any photos of the bolts in question? If the heads broke off, I have had success welding a new nut to the bolt. Bonus is that the heat sometimes breaks the bolt free as well

impact wrench will loosen most stubborn bolts.
Cant get one in, the torx heads are also now stripped from using my impact and being rusty. Been spraying PB Blaster too.

For the seat rail proably going to be grinding the seat rail into pieces so I cant get a socket on the bolt heads. Just need to salvage the threaded holes if I can. Otherwise it'll be new holes tying into the frame.

Any photos of the bolts in question? If the heads broke off, I have had success welding a new nut to the bolt. Bonus is that the heat sometimes breaks the bolt free as well
The two threaded bolts with nuts are threaded studs.
9e83aa78a3a96e7ed9dd764c58c4ead4.jpg
51088a257c97ac66e0b8a124044c4eec.jpg
74f8c13a0a0c0a33905a42dc69be6976.jpg
84b7982353fd01491cf543f8fdf4384f.jpg
48d3f4f7862a88c067678eb3d780771b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

The two threaded bolts with nuts are threaded studs.
9e83aa78a3a96e7ed9dd764c58c4ead4.jpg
51088a257c97ac66e0b8a124044c4eec.jpg
74f8c13a0a0c0a33905a42dc69be6976.jpg
84b7982353fd01491cf543f8fdf4384f.jpg
48d3f4f7862a88c067678eb3d780771b.jpg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
For the two thredded rods, would it be worth using something like a dremmel with a small cutoff wheel to cut the nut in half, or at least score it so you could use a chisel to split it?

For the Torqx bolts, there looks to be lots of good surface area that you could weld the inside of a large nut onto, hopefully the heat, plus added leverage could break it free

Those hex bolts look like they aren’t stripped yet. I would try a wrench and a 2 foot pipe as a breaker bar. If you break the head off you can drill out the bolt. I have yet to find a bolt that my breaker bar pipe won’t get off some how. Those are frustrating I wish I had better solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those hex bolts look like they aren’t stripped yet. I would try a wrench and a 2 foot pipe as a breaker bar. If you break the head off you can drill out the bolt. I have yet to find a bolt that my breaker bar pipe won’t get off some how. Those are frustrating I wish I had better solutions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, the one pictured above is rounder than it looks, I've tried the breaker bar on all pictured.

Thanks all!

For a number of reasons to include budget, the heat and lack of a garage space and numerous other time obligatons I didnt get to do much over the summer with LJ.

Finally got back to the drivers seat rail (3 stubborn bolts) and got the frame of the seat rail with ye old sawzall which took all of 5 mins.

Still have one threaded stud that is rounded off and wont budge. Hit it with more pb blaster while I wait to get my small grinder fixed.

Hopefully sooner than later and I can patch the floor, paint the inside and move on the fuel system and be done with the interior for a while.

Update time!

So per my last post I got the seat rails out and was struggling with three remaining seat belt bolts.

After spending a cold winter with the Jeep covered I just today got out with the grinder and got them taken care of!

A few weeks ago I also finally got my scab patches on the floor over the rusted floor pans. Hope to finish pop riveting those in this weekend.

Also got some high speed aluminum tape for the small roof rack holes in the roof and "sealed" those with flex seal.

FSJ on a budget! Getting there!

Back