2nd Days 87 Grand Waggy (FSJ)

87 Grand Waggy, bone stock for now....

FB_IMG_1645239587197.jpg

No doubt. I still remember riding around in my dad’s 78 Cherokee Chief. Sub’d for sure.

There was quite the variety of stuff around that thing where it was resting as well!

Looks like some good solid bones to get started with...

Does anyone else find it humorous that it was sitting woodgrain to woodgrain with an original Chrysler minivan? It looks awesome, I predict many migraines and proud accomplishments in your future.
They had to move the van, theres a couple of those in there.

Sent from my LM-T600 using Tapatalk

So the question is....

Restore or build?

Got the last door panel off today. Seats and carpet come out next along with the rear interior panels. Then its on the removing spare carrier, broken front driveshaft and hitch. Pass the PB Blaster.

Seats are all out except the power seat rails. Pulled the carpet back to check the front floor pans which dont look bad. I'll be cutting the carpet out around the rails in hopes of torching the stuck floor studs to loosen them up if needed. Id like to change to manual seats I think.

Once thats done the rust removal inside will begin.

Also need to remove the broken front driveshaft, rusted out battery tray and replace the ignition coil and ignotion control module. Also need to get two new cheapo tires mounted that hold air.

Snow day today. Kind of lke how the snow picked the body lines.

d9659eb3492ad1f95f4c81ac604cf935.jpg
b42fa576526a1382e09de34606275ac3.jpg
cc0764b21b05955a25d5fb523b453a31.jpg
94de61f0afc0d589c15343d8443e70ec.jpg

Last edited:
Started replacing ignition parts today. Trying to find a battery tray, then battery and starter to see if it'll start or even turn over.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Update, got the battery tray to fit and small ignition parts changed out. Still need to get the back half of the front driveshaft out.

Battery and starter may happen first though, maybe next week!

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Back