Author Topic: Install RCV axles and also play what's that noise?  (Read 830 times)

Offline cwkann

• WC
  • Committee: Website
  • Winchester, VA
Re: Install RCV axles and also play what's that noise?
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2021, 08:32:55 AM »
Sad I couldn’t go. I was informed I had plans yesterday with the girlfriend and her friends.. I just ordered some new fun things. I’m thinking of regearing as well. Is this best to do at a shop?

I plan on going in August!

My suggestion would be to let a shop regear for you, especially if you are experienced with them.  Depending on where you are, ORI in Winchester will take care of it for you!  Give them a call 540-665-0123.  They stand behind all their work and do a great job!  I just had them put on hydro assisted steering.
'03 Rubicon- 4.5" Clayton LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton hi steering, Anti Rocks sway bars, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.

Offline R3

• Member 2021
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2021, 07:28:05 AM »
Sad I couldn’t go. I was informed I had plans yesterday with the girlfriend and her friends.. I just ordered some new fun things. I’m thinking of regearing as well. Is this best to do at a shop?

I plan on going in August!

Good morning,
Just checking in. Did you get you regear and axles installed?
Cheers

17 JKURR Daily/rock crawler/overland
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

Offline JoshuaThorpDC

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2021, 11:06:46 AM »
Ideally, I’d like to regear but I don’t think I’m going to just yet. I want to get these axles installed still before.  I feel confident but don’t have a garage and could always use some help. I’m waiting for a snorkel to come in and will get these installed. I’ll message you separately and we can find a time.

Also, I have a buddy coming in from Indiana and we plan on going to Rausch in August. Is there a place I need to sign up?

Offline cwkann

• WC
  • Committee: Website
  • Winchester, VA
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2021, 11:35:05 AM »
Ideally, I’d like to regear but I don’t think I’m going to just yet. I want to get these axles installed still before.  I feel confident but don’t have a garage and could always use some help. I’m waiting for a snorkel to come in and will get these installed. I’ll message you separately and we can find a time.

Also, I have a buddy coming in from Indiana and we plan on going to Rausch in August. Is there a place I need to sign up?

As far as the August question, do you mean Camp Heep, or just going to Rausch?  If you would like to attend Camp Heep, you can become a member and then partake in the festivities.  If you mean you are just going to Rausch with your friend, you can just sign in at their office and buy the membership and day pass.  Let me know if this doesn't answer your question!
'03 Rubicon- 4.5" Clayton LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton hi steering, Anti Rocks sway bars, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.

Offline R3

• Member 2021
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2021, 05:23:28 PM »

Josh,
No worries. We can get it all done when I get back.

Camp Heep is a Nova members event. This year they did invite another club... Does your buddy have a club in Indiana?  Maybe that will count as "other clubs"

Let's shoot for the Saturday after I get back.

Cheers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers

17 JKURR Daily/rock crawler/overland
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

Offline Gogged

• Member 2021
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2021, 07:53:29 PM »

Josh,
No worries. We can get it all done when I get back.

Camp Heep is a Nova members event. This year they did invite another club... Does your buddy have a club in Indiana?  Maybe that will count as "other clubs"

Let's shoot for the Saturday after I get back.

Cheers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hi Josh,

Rob is correct, Nova did invite the Black Goat Offroad Club to participate, like we did last year. Most if not all of us are either current and/or former members of Nova. We look forward to wheeling Rausch with Nova members and enjoying the trails.  Good luck with the mystery noise. It can be frustrating as I just finally diagnosed one of my own noises which ended up being a driveshaft. Hopefully we see you up there on the trails!

Josh (also)
Josh

V.P. Black Goat Offroad Club

2018 JLUR 3.5" Metalcloak lift, 37s

'06 TJ Sport...sold..

Officers:

President: Scott Posti (Nacho) | Vice President: VACANT | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: VACANT

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.