Author Topic: Autoweek has a Review of the Gladiator Mojave  (Read 91 times)

Offline dave2002ti

• Member 2020
Autoweek has a Review of the Gladiator Mojave
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:32:01 AM »
Interesting review of the Mojave on line at AW.  Goes into the differences between the Mojave and the Rubicon Gladiators and there are big differences.  Way cool.

Also from the article "The Gladiator Mojave is the first vehicle in Jeep’s lineup to be “Desert Rated.” And like the name Mojave itself, the Desert Rated badge has credibility, too. Jeep says it means this is a rig focused on the demands of higher-speed off-roading and must meet certain requirements in five categories: ride control and stability, traction, ground clearance, maneuverability and desert prowess. Jeep plans to offer Desert Rated versions of their other vehicles from the Compass on up to the Grand Cherokee." 

A GC Mojave  or a Wrangler Mojave would be pefect for me and the collies.  Need a vehcile for going down craptastic farm roads and across fields and the like. Although Drill my collie thinks a "Dessert" rated Jeep would be way cool for runs to the Moo Thru. 

Wil also be interesting to see what Ford and the new Bronco do in response considering the Bronco's desert racing history at Baja. 

Dave Apker

Offline dave2002ti

• Member 2020
Re: Autoweek has a Review of the Gladiator Mojave
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 08:15:44 AM »
https://www.autoweek.com/drives/a32743754/we-drive-the-jeep-gladiator-mojave-on-the-desert-trails-that-shaped-it/

Autoweek review with addl details on the upgrades the Mojave has vs the Rubicon version like thicker axle tubes and beefed up frame.
Comparison drive between the two versions is very interesting.

Depending on how badly FCA scrwed up the new 2021 Grand Cherokee since its based on a Fiat platform a Mojave Grand Cherokee might be interesting. Also a Wrangler JLU Mojave with the diesel might work for me if I can somehow get a flat floor for dog crates behind the front seats.

Dave Apker

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.