Author Topic: Virtual Wrenching Party?!  (Read 45 times)

Offline goodlance

• Forum User
Virtual Wrenching Party?!
« on: March 25, 2020, 11:33:38 AM »
I hope everyone is staying socially distant, safe, and as productive as possible given the current state of affairs. 

I am currently sitting in my office and in front of me are eight Rock Krawler boxes.  They contain a JL 2.5 X-Factor No Limit lift kit with adjustable front and rear track bars.  After having a lift installed on my JK I vowed never to pay for someone to do that again.

The big install was set for this weekend when the wife and daughters were going out of town for a girl's weekend.  A friend who had done this on multiple vehicles over the years was going to come up and help knock this out.  And then COVID-19 happened.  Girls aren't going anywhere.  Friend is hunkered down.

In theory I have all the tools I should need...floor jack, jack stands, impact wrench, torque wrench.  Plus with work hours severely cut back I have all the time in the world!  I am pretty confident (ok, somewhat confident) in my ability to swap out shocks, springs, control arms etc. but when it comes to some of the alignment, especially the pinion angle, I am not very confident.

Normally I would just wait it out (the boxes have been here since January!) but of course the 37" tires I special ordered actually came in on time. I can't have them mounted until the Jeep is lifted, and the shop is being less than forthcoming on what timeline I have or what penalties I will incur for waiting too long.

So the question is this: Is anyone interested in a doing a virtual wrenching party or at least being on call for support?  I will provide beer/pizza at a later date once we can all get out of the house!

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Member 2020
Re: Virtual Wrenching Party?!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2020, 08:30:32 PM »
Question, which shop are you dealing with that is giving you timeline hesitancy?

I like the idea of virtual calls however sometimes it's a little hard to see through the zoom videos on exactly what you are doing.

If some folks can send this user a private message on some tips, please do so  :tu
Women Wheelers | IG: @offroadelites & @ladyhawkjk

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.