Author Topic: A message from the club on Covid-19  (Read 152 times)

Offline overhead

• Club President
  • Crap, someone call Trevor.
A message from the club on Covid-19
« on: March 23, 2020, 06:42:33 PM »
From the (working from home) desk of the Club President.
My friends, jeepers, Club Members.
Lend me your ears.
Ew gross, take ‘em back.
COVID-19

Due to the current Virginia state Government guidelines, and recommendations based on the COVID-19 global pandemic the NVJA BOD and Officers have decided to take action to ensure the safety, health, and future of our members. Unfortunately, this has come with some heavy discussions and hard choices to make.

Effective Immediately all Sponsored club rides are Cancelled Through April 30, 2020.

The show and shine Scheduled for May 16th, 2020 is currently cancelled. We’re working to attempt to reschedule so look for further updates.

All Club Sponsored Wrenching parties are Cancelled through April 30, 2020.

The Club meeting for May is Cancelled. We will post the relevant information in the Members area when the time comes. The July meeting will be explored based on more data in the coming weeks and months.

Why are we doing this – We want to do everything in our power as a club to help flatten the curve and protect our community as best we can. Whatever actions we can take to help limit the spread of this Global pandemic especially in the next thirty days should be a top priority to all of us.
While this time of uncertainty has us all on edge,  usually we would turn to our community members to help each other rise above these unprecedented moments. Thankfully to the hard work of the BOD we still can do so through our forum. I encourage you to ask questions as you tackle that project you haven’t quite found time for till...you’re suddenly without a commute. Show off that shiny new custom piece you’ve been working here-and-there on. Or show us your crazy work from home setup or working conditions if you’re a trucker, butcher, grocery stocker or vital special employee.

Together, we can and WILL, get through this. We will strive to be as transparent about information we have as it comes in, but as we’ve all seen recently information is coming at us at the speed of light. I wish you all good health, happiness, and hope as we wait out a better tomorrow. Till then I’ll be working from home like I hope most of you have been able to.

Thank you for all that you do, and all you can do at this time. Please check back for further updates on events and cancellations, and feel free to ask any questions. This is a very fluid situation currently.

Stephen Clough
President, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association.
The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.

Offline R3

• Member 2020
Re: A message from the club on Covid-19
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2020, 06:26:53 AM »
Stephen,
Thank you for the post. Difficult times we are in. There is a bit of hope being delivered to NYC today in the form of a trial drug...according the the taskforce it shows promise...

Look after your neighbor, be kind to the elderly, and stay calm...

Cheers

17 JKURR
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see"

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Committee: Events
  • JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2020, 05:31:56 PM »
As much as I would to jack this thread, I will not!  I am very sad about the S&S, but looking forward to a make up date!  Everyone, please stay safe and watch out for each other!  The sooner we take care of this, the sooner we can get back on the trails and back to making our Officers crazy!
Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

Offline Swaye

• Forum User
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 05:30:45 AM »
I will check back frequently to see if we can get a make up date for the SS. My favorite event of the year 6 years running! Stay safe and healthy everyone!  :jw
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 05:39:50 AM by Swaye »
I'm not playing hard to get, I'm playing hard to want.

Offline Swaye

• Forum User
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 05:39:24 AM »
This was a good reminder for me to renew my membership this year. Money sent!

Speaking of money, for those of us who already pre-registered for the S&S, will you just hold that cash until a potential make-up date is settled on?

Thanks for all you guys (gals) do!  :cheers
I'm not playing hard to get, I'm playing hard to want.

Offline overhead

• Club President
  • Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 09:33:28 AM »
This was a good reminder for me to renew my membership this year. Money sent!

Speaking of money, for those of us who already pre-registered for the S&S, will you just hold that cash until a potential make-up date is settled on?

Thanks for all you guys (gals) do!  :cheers

We're looking at that now. We've been debating a few options but want to have a date nailed down before we make any major calls. That might change based on current information but we're planning to reach out to everyone who preregistered.
The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.