Author Topic: Stop by Reddish Knob this weekend. 18-19 Jan  (Read 250 times)

Offline nosigma

• Committee: Trail Rides
Stop by Reddish Knob this weekend. 18-19 Jan
« on: January 16, 2020, 10:49:06 PM »
I will be up on Reddish Knob this weekend working a radio contest.  Brave the the temps and ice, come on up and stop by.  4400ft with awesome views, especially Sunday with clear skys. 

Visit me and the run Flagpole.  Vastly more challenging after Saturday mornings ice than the EOY ride. 

I will monitor Ch 4 CB in case you need rescued.

Man up,  see you on the Knob.

John
VirginiaZJ "Frank, Stop. Don't come down here"
Somebody: "Is John in a predicament?"
VirginiaZJ "The front of his Jeep is facing me now"
Somebody: "Yeah, I guess that's a predicament"

Quote overhead
Thought I saw nosigma at eastern mountain sports but it turns out the guys xj had been sideswiped

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Committee: Events
  • JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
Re: Stop by Reddish Knob this weekend. 18-19 Jan
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2020, 12:21:41 PM »
I will be up on Reddish Knob this weekend working a radio contest.  Brave the the temps and ice, come on up and stop by.  4400ft with awesome views, especially Sunday with clear skys. 

Visit me and the run Flagpole.  Vastly more challenging after Saturday mornings ice than the EOY ride. 

I will monitor Ch 4 CB in case you need rescued.

Man up,  see you on the Knob.

John

:wopics

Sorry I didn't see this!  How cold was it?
Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

Offline nosigma

• Committee: Trail Rides
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2020, 09:49:43 PM »
Too cold and too icy.  1/2 ice forecast late Friday.  The chains would have gotten me up and down but it would have destroyed the antennas so I bailed and went to Freezeland road north of Linden.  Glad you didnt go up.  It was really bad up there.  I talked to a guy who lived on the second range on the radio and it was as bad or worse than predicted.

The contest went well despite being at just 2400ft.  I probably took first in the nation in the FM category.  Been trying win that one for 5 years.  I think I finally got my white whale.

John
VirginiaZJ "Frank, Stop. Don't come down here"
Somebody: "Is John in a predicament?"
VirginiaZJ "The front of his Jeep is facing me now"
Somebody: "Yeah, I guess that's a predicament"

Quote overhead
Thought I saw nosigma at eastern mountain sports but it turns out the guys xj had been sideswiped

Offline sticksout

• Club Secretary
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2020, 08:29:50 AM »
Too cold and too icy.  1/2 ice forecast late Friday.  The chains would have gotten me up and down but it would have destroyed the antennas so I bailed and went to Freezeland road north of Linden.  Glad you didnt go up.  It was really bad up there.  I talked to a guy who lived on the second range on the radio and it was as bad or worse than predicted.

The contest went well despite being at just 2400ft.  I probably took first in the nation in the FM category.  Been trying win that one for 5 years.  I think I finally got my white whale.

John

Congrats!
2001 TJ Sahara - black

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.