What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forgot to post, but this past weekend greased the Jeeps's steering ends, and cleaned out the SwayLOC, plus got rid of things in the cargo area. Also got to work on the brother's Ram TRX, we changed out the differential and transmission fluids.

Forgot to post, but this past weekend greased the Jeeps's steering ends, and cleaned out the SwayLOC, plus got rid of things in the cargo area. Also got to work on the brother's Ram TRX, we changed out the differential and transmission fluids.
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I am jealous!! Love the TRXs!!!

I ordered 00 gauge battery cables for the willys. Hope it helps with the cranking power.

Can you expound on “cleaned out the SwayLOC”? Just from wheeling or as part of regular/preventative maintenance?

Can you expound on “cleaned out the SwayLOC”? Just from wheeling or as part of regular/preventative maintenance?
From wheeling, and as part of regular/preventative maintenance. As one that runs the manual SwayLOC, in order for it to engage in the correct position and for it to release the pressure on the latch, it will require a cycle of cleaning, and greasing the zerks at the aluminum mounts. I do not know if it is the same for the air-activated SwayLOC, but perhaps a Member that runs it can weigh in. Hope this answers your question, Joe.

there is some amount of off road junk that can get into the locking tab . unusally just clean it with a jet of water from the hose. Play in the mud it get junked up faster.

While in Florida I decided I needed to collect another Jeep badge. I completed the Tread Lightly Four Wheel Drive Way badge. It was a fun little drive though the woods. Super easy trail with pin striping to the max. I stayed in 2wd 95% of time, I only dropped into 4hi for the soft looking sand.
IMG_1675.jpeg

IMG_1676.jpeg

IMG_1697.jpeg

Had an exciting and productive day on the transfer case install. Got the skid up to check for clearances. Have one spot to massage. Mocked up the shifter linkage and think an E clip will work beautifully on the Novak YJ shift linkage.

Those were my last 2 unknowns, that I know about 😉. Excited to finish it up after some travel.

I’m going to weld some nuts on the skid when I pull it back down to make it easier to unbolt the engine skid. Also got some Barnes 4x washers that save the head on some regular bolts so I can get rid of the Allen head bolts.

IMG_4069.jpeg

IMG_4065.jpeg

IMG_4074.jpeg

Got a new to me toy for the SAS liberty. Just need to get the correct alternator now. Dad had it sitting in the garage for years.
0617378784ffe4cfcce173ca15d0874d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked on my Jeep at OCD today. I added an inch of bump stops and manual sway bar link quick disconnects. Even though we limited up-travel a bit more, the suspension tuning got me an extra 30 points on the RTI ramp. Hit 1,000 even!

20240330_160047.jpg

20240330_160110.jpg

20240330_160132.jpg

20240330_160154.jpg

20240330_160216.jpg

20240330_160242.jpg

20240330_160251.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back