What did you do to your Jeep today?-April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally getting around to punch list items. Media blasting and powder coating a bunch of smaller parts. First set done, few more to go

80c581bb0ef20e68f7c139829aad24ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I started what should have been easy, Metalcloak Baller ball joints. Took all the brakes, links etc off both sides Friday so today was pop knuckles off, press out joints, install new. Done it on VWs, Porsches, old Ford trucks etc, probably 30 sets of joints. Top passenger side, knuckle slid down the joint shaft a bit but lower would not let loose. Can't hammer on the knuckle too much, ball joint separator wouldn't budge it more than 1/2". It was stuck on the lower. % hours later, I said 'F' this, angle grinder, 7" cutoff wheel and cut the shaft since I had just enough exposed. Knuckle freed and I STILL had to put it in an H press to get the piece of ball joint shaft out. Rubbed my RANGER tab a couple times for strength and got old joint out of the C, new joints in. Driver side tomorrow.
CutJoint.jpeg

BallerJ.jpeg

I started what should have been easy, Metalcloak Baller ball joints. Took all the brakes, links etc off both sides Friday so today was pop knuckles off, press out joints, install new. Done it on VWs, Porsches, old Ford trucks etc, probably 30 sets of joints. Top passenger side, knuckle slid down the joint shaft a bit but lower would not let loose. Can't hammer on the knuckle too much, ball joint separator wouldn't budge it more than 1/2". It was stuck on the lower. % hours later, I said 'F' this, angle grinder, 7" cutoff wheel and cut the shaft since I had just enough exposed. Knuckle freed and I STILL had to put it in an H press to get the piece of ball joint shaft out. Rubbed my RANGER tab a couple times for strength and got old joint out of the C, new joints in. Driver side tomorrow.
View attachment 8667
View attachment 8668

Are those the aluminum knuckles?

All that glitters is Gold!

Got the UnderCloak skids installed today! Thank you to Nick and OCD Offroad for continuing to do a fantastic job.

Yes, there are bolts missing in some of the pictures. I assure you, it's properly installed now that it's finished. LoL

UC1.jpg

UC2.jpg

UC3.jpg

UC4.jpg

UC5.jpg

UC6.jpg

All that glitters is Gold!

Got the UnderCloak skids installed today! Thank you to Nick and OCD Offroad for continuing to do a fantastic job.

Yes, there are bolts missing in some of the pictures. I assure you, it's properly installed now that it's finished. LoL

View attachment 8692

View attachment 8693

View attachment 8694

View attachment 8695

View attachment 8696

View attachment 8697
Pyrite and vermiculite glitter too and don't get me started on actual glitter from the craft store. That stuff gets everywhere as soon as you look at it.
🤣🤣

Wash, wash and wash again... Grease , grease and grease some more.... Coal dust and mud get into everything....

Wash, wash and wash again... Grease , grease and grease some more.... Coal dust and mud get into everything....

I greased the Jeep for sure, but she's not getting a bath until I am back from Uwharrie next weekend. I'm too lazy to wash it more than once a month. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back