What did you do to your Jeep today?-April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
JBWeld’d the case. Seems to be holding fluid right now. Fingers crossed going forward.

Hooked up the drive shafts. Had to install, remove, and trim the skid plate 6-7 times. That was exhausting. lol.

Got everything cleared. Took it for the first drive. Everything seems to be working. Need to put some miles on it to make sure the repair took.

2L and 4L definitely slowed her down. Excited to get her back on the trails after some more testing.

5b183877db8cd6726120c309a3728846.jpg

Installed the MetalCloak undercloak system on the Gladiator last week and added the rear sway bar reinforcement brackets as well. All that I’ve got left in the boxes is the front diff skid… will wait to do that after Daytona.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meant to post this last night, but worked all day yesterday to replace the front axle of the Gladiator. Went from stock 3.73 Rubicon axles to an Artec trussed, Curry high-steer (knuckles, tierod, and drag link), RCVs, and new Grimm hardware. All I have left to do need to do is install the track bar and drag link. Please disregard the mess in my garage. :rolleyes:

Let me know if anyone is interested in a set of stock JTRD axles with the 3.73s. Good replacement for Sports 😉 or those that want to take advantage of the Rubicon lockers.

IMG_8316.jpeg

IMG_8318.jpeg

IMG_8321.jpeg

Last edited:
Meant to post this last night, but worked all day yesterday to replace the front axle of the Gladiator. Went from stock 3.73 Rubicon axles to an Artec trussed, Curry high-steer (knuckles, tierod, and drag link), RCVs, and new Grimm hardware. All I have left to do need to do is install the track bar and drag link. Please disregard the mess in my garage. :rolleyes:

Let me know if anyone is interested in a set of stock JTRD axles with the 3.73s. Good replacement for Sports 😉 or those that want to take advantage of the Rubicon lockets.

View attachment 8647

View attachment 8648

View attachment 8650
That looks awesome. Nice work!

I actually saw mine for the first time in oh maybe 5 months yesterday. Still not under it's own power but does have "new to me" rock rails on it which replace the OEM side steps.

What did I do to it....opened door, checked for mold, closed door.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a set of stock JTRD axles with the 3.73s. Good replacement for Sports 😉 or those that want to take advantage of the Rubicon lockets.

View attachment 8647

View attachment 8648

View attachment 8650
I wonder how we could put those under a yj.

I wonder how we could put those under a yj.
You will have to cut the 4 link brackets off and teh spring perches as well. Then locate a simple leaf spring perch adjust pinion and caster angles and weld

I would assume that the rear suspension is going to be different. the front I am pretty sure is the same or very close to the JKU. Wouldn't make much sense from a production standpoint to change the front mounting. But you never know.

How close to bolting up in a JK are they?
Front is close, but not a bolt in to anything else but a JL, rear is totally different. It's more akin to a Ram 1500 than any Wrangler...

For either axle, I'd just clear all the bracketry/perches off the axle and buy a weld on kit made for the destination jeep.

If putting them under a CJ/YJ, I'd take that opportunity to link the jeep and ditch the leaves as well.

If you are bolting them into a JKU ( Brothers?) Opt to do the long arm upgrade as well. Motobilt has a great system and so does EVO. both will require so cut and fit.

Let me know if anyone is interested in a set of stock JTRD axles with the 3.73s. Good replacement for Sports 😉 or those that want to take advantage of the Rubicon lockers.

View attachment 8647

View attachment 8648

View attachment 8650
Good on you Joe! Keep us on our toes with the progress. Love to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back