VA4WDA New Membership Help

I applied for a VA4WDA membership on their website the same day as our January meeting (14th), but hadn't received any kind of confirmation email other than my PayPal receipt (which charged my account on the 16th). My wife sent a private message to their Facebook account (as I don't have an FB page) on the 23rd asking if someone would contact her to verify my membership, but there was still no response. I finally heard from them today and here's the deal:

VA4WDA updates their roster on a monthly basis. If your membership application is received after the monthly update, you will be added to the update for the following month (usually around the first). You should receive your membership information a week or so after that.

The following email addresses worked for me to finally get a response:
membership@va4wda.org
president@va4wda.org
treasurer@va4wda.org
memberatlarge1@va4wda.org
memberatlarge2@va4wda.org
memberatlarge3@va4wda.org

highlandercj-7 said:
So how does it work when we join with our NVJA membership? Do we need to also go over there and fill stuff out of what?

If you join through us, it can be done at the time of our renewal period (beginning of the year) as our form will have that option on it at that time. You will not need to do any other paperwork. We cover the necessary registration with VA4WDA.

If we paid for the VA4WD membership with our club renewal how do we know that we're a member? I don't receive any correspondence from them, emails, newsletters etc. I emailed them and have yet to hear back. Any insight is appreciated. Cheers

Dropkick said:
If we paid for the VA4WD membership with our club renewal how do we know that we're a member? I don't receive any correspondence from them, emails, newsletters etc. I emailed them and have yet to hear back. Any insight is appreciated. Cheers

You should have gotten a new member packet initially and should be either getting emailed or snail mailed newsletters. I will say that they are not the quickest to reply to emailed correspondence.

Check with James to make sure your name was sent to them. If so, we can check to make sure they have you listed.

I joined as well...........haven't received anything.  I also signed up for the other organization.  I haven't received anything and I don't have the pretty logos next to my Jeep grill like Shamus'.  How do i get those?

Yes, I did have some family things pop up, however I am all caught up and this information should have been processed by now.

I also signed up for VA4WD so I'm in the same boat, haven't heard anything from them and they have no record of me being on the member rolls.  I'm working with the other officers to figure out what is going on and how we can get it fixed.  I kept track of everyone who signed up for VA4WD and Blue Ribbion Coalition, so we can get this solved I'm sure.

Donnie, I don't have record of you signing up for either, so I'll double check your application when I get home.  I might have missed it, and I'm sorry if I did.  I know you got a family membership.

If you haven't gotten a news letter by now something is wrong.  I just got an election vote card last week.  If you plan on going to the annual oak ridge event members get a $20 discount.  That makes it worth it alone

sirjames186 said:
Yes, I did have some family things pop up, however I am all caught up and this information should have been processed by now.

I also signed up for VA4WD so I'm in the same boat, haven't heard anything from them and they have no record of me being on the member rolls.  I'm working with the other officers to figure out what is going on and how we can get it fixed.  I kept track of everyone who signed up for VA4WD and Blue Ribbion Coalition, so we can get this solved I'm sure.

Donnie, I don't have record of you signing up for either, so I'll double check your application when I get home.  I might have missed it, and I'm sorry if I did.  I know you got a family membership.

I signed up for both.  Thanks for checking James!  Appreciate it!  :cheers

JKrazy said:
I joined as well...........haven't received anything.  I also signed up for the other organization.  I haven't received anything and I don't have the pretty logos next to my Jeep grill like Shamus'.  How do i get those?

TrailBird said:
I won't be renewing in the future.  Just sayin'.  :td

Me Neither I gave up on it figured they got a 1 time donation this year from me and just moved on

I was interested in their members only ride this weekend but it's looking more and more like it's a no go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I had better news for everyone and I'm in the same boat as y'all so this affects me as well.

Danille has the list, but I don't think it's been sent to VA4WD.  I know she's swamped with prep for the Show and Shine, so I'll remind her but I wouldn't count on it being ready for the ride this weekend.

Back