Packing the rig tonight heading north about 0900 tomorrow
We had an excellent trail ride yesterday - thanks to everyone who joined and made it a really fun ride. Several badges of honor were well-earned and everyone got a bit of civil engineering experience! Shout-outs for the whole crew:
I managed to take a few photos, which are posted here. If anyone else snapped any (including Dorian with the GoPro footage), please add them!
- @STP72 drove a Grand Cherokee on street tires up Crawl Daddy...enough said! He had excellent awareness of his wheel placement and really improved throughout the day on throttle control.
- @blink9cd had an awesome attitude and was willing to try and learn anything. He learned about two-footing and put it to great practice driving his stock Willys JL up Crawl Daddy.
- @mopar31898 was a master of the manual transmission and worked several good lines to put his new lockers to the test.
- @BldyFrog got some great practice with his new lift kit and 35s, which look awesome on the Jeep.
- @RattleTrap55 gave a very tough line up Crawler Ridge a try, which ended up requiring two winch lines as a safety measure "just in case." He also served as the "Jeep ambulance" when Red Jeep needed a trail repair.
- @R3 gave a repeat performance as spotter extraordinaire and wasn't fazed by a freak, sheared-off drag-link end on Red Jeep, managing to somehow find a replacement in a pile of junk at Rausch.
- Finally, @WNDR-XJ, piloted by @Galactica, made easy work of the creek line on Trail #20 following an attack by a dead tree.
Slider recipe???? I don't use a recipe 🤣. They are a bit different each time I make them. This go round included:Well...there is not much I can say that hasn't already been said.
I haven't been to Rausch many times, but this was easily my favorite trip. From camping in perfect weather the night before to airing up in the lot at the end of the day, it was awesome. We had such a great group of people with smiles on their faces the whole time.
Shout out to everyone who had patience for everyone else to work on their skills. I think everyone is better after this trip.
Oh, and don't forget the delicious food.
I can't wait for the next one.
@R3, do you have a recipe for those sliders, they were amazing.
For those that asked, here is the recipe for the corn and avocado salad: https://belleofthekitchen.com/corn-avocado-salsa/
Last, for those that asked, the mapping app for Rausch is Maprika which should be available on both apple and Android. You want to download maps: 2022 RC Main and 2022 RC NE