Manassas Christmas Parade (Dec 3)

Added to Calendar: 12-03-22

This years theme is Hometown Christmas. So kind of vague, IMO. I will be going with standard Christmas deco.

However, one important reminder (unless @Gr8Dain says they said something different at meeting)....they normally only want one Santa in parade, so do not want Santa's on Jeeps.
They did not mention it specifically, but to be safe, I am going with that assumption. No Santas.

Ran out to Michael’s last night and grabbed some decor to go with some others I keep around for this parade. After a little more prep this week, I may have to grab some more. We will see. Trying to keep it “old fashioned” this year to go with the theme.

Oh, I also stopped at Home Depot to get a new bag of zip ties. I go through so many when decorating the Jeep.

Testing my tree. After I recharge the jump box, I will see how long it lasts lit up.
254F35B0-90B1-4038-AF53-ADE6BCFCDE60.jpeg

Collecting stuff today! Good call on zipties, I'll have to grab a bag while I'm out!

Is the Parade rain or shine? Weather isn't looking so good for Saturday!

Is the Parade rain or shine? Weather isn't looking so good for Saturday!
Shhhhhh. And yes. Rain or shine.

I was just thinking that I may be bringing the Scrambler instead of the Willys. But my fingers are crossed that the rain comes through overnight instead.

I’m in San Fran for work and won’t be back in time now. Sadly I have to miss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I unfortunately will have to bail. My wife had to go out of town last minute, so now I’m on deck to take my kid down to a lax tourney. Hope there are some on the standby list that can take my spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does everyone know where to meet tomorrow? By where the old bowling alley used to be in manassas. I think we need to be there before 8:00 if I remember correctly.
If anyone needs directions or anything, my cell is 480 643-9606.
See you all in the am.

Does everyone know where to meet tomorrow? By where the old bowling alley used to be in manassas. I think we need to be there before 8:00 if I remember correctly.
If anyone needs directions or anything, my cell is 480 643-9606.
See you all in the am.
Yes. If you want to not have to skirt around closed roads, get to the shopping center where the BowlAmerica used to be. We meet right in front to the bowling alley.

If coming from the Centreville/Chantilly side, it is best to turn right before the Sheetz, then left on Mathis. You will probably have to turn right before the lot, but you can make a left and come in at the back corner of the parking lot

Bring an umbrella. Hopefully the rain will stop by 10 so we can spend some time decorating and get ready before we have to line up and head out. But we have an early number so we will probably start before 11.

Are we getting the scrambler tomorrow?

Regardless I'm excited and can't wait. I was in this parade a bunch growing up. Between rain/snow/whatever it was always a good time. Let's make the best of it and spread some cheer!

Are we getting the scrambler tomorrow?

Regardless I'm excited and can't wait. I was in this parade a bunch growing up. Between rain/snow/whatever it was always a good time. Let's make the best of it and spread some cheer!
Looks like the Scrambler will be my sleigh tomorrow.

Back