Full Hydro

R3

Offroad Committee Lead
Trail Instructor
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Sounds like a terrible idea.......

So Now I am thinking that this could be the Red Jeeps next mod. Want to keep the stock Wheel and controls. No need for Stability program as it is disconnected with the LT6.2 install.

Would gain ground clearance, tie rods would not be a top down install . Hydro cylinder replaces Gear and assist. Need a bigger pump.... and an adaptor to teh obital valve....

Sounds like a terrible idea.......

So Now I am thinking that this could be the Red Jeeps next mod. Want to keep the stock Wheel and controls. No need for Stability program as it is disconnected with the LT6.2 install.

Would gain ground clearance, tie rods would not be a top down install . Hydro cylinder replaces Gear and assist. Need a bigger pump.... and an adaptor to teh obital valve....
For as much as you drive on the road I don't think it's a great idea. Highway driving is a bit of an adventure. You loose some of that feel that a normal steering box provides. For offroad, it's absolutely amazing with the power and easy of turning the wheel. I can't confirm this, but I heard that the rig won't pass inspection with full hydro steering. Again, not sure on that one though. Just my thoughts as I recently went full hydro.

Sarkis

Sarkis thanks for the feedback. On road feel is important.... Inspection is not a factor.

Do you currently have hydro assisted steering? If not, why would you jump to full hydro? I can say hydro assist worked wonders on mine and had a huge benefit on road AND off road. If you do have hydro assist, why move to full? Are you having difficulty steering? If full hydro fails on the road that can be a bad experience to say the least.

Are you only running thet ported PSC box? I can't remember if you went to the Hydro assist stuff or not. If you did there are a lot of cross over parts between the set ups and you might be better off going in with someone that wants to go to HA and buying a whole FH kit and swapping out what you need and them using your take offs. I know it sounds crazy but inhave had a few customer go that route with friends and family.

Full hydro does great off road, even set up a goos proportional valving they still take a level of active driving and handling on pavement, if not set up well will make you really work to keep them in a lane everytime you get on or off the throttle.

to answer some of the question.
Yes running a full PSC system with hudro assist.
Why, lookign to move the tie rod up. clearance is the issue with doing this as the pitman arm get trapped behind the tie rod at full stuff.

Have some options with a smaller tie rod diameteer and Heim joint ends...

Just exploring options.

Back