Coolant Leak Fix Party

Jeepin_Donnie

Member 2024
VA4WDA
Anyone have experience messing around with the coolant reservoir, connectors, and lines? The leak is either coming from the reservoir or the connector/line underneath. I know this because there is the pink powder residue below from where it is dripping and burning off. It’s not hitting the ground. I filled up my coolant the other day and the reservoir is bone dry again. My engine temp is not at the midline so it’s fine but I need to get it fixed obviously. Please let me know if anyone has experience with this. We could use my garage to work on my Jeep or I’m willing to drive to someone else’s. I’ll feed everyone and will keep them hydrated!
IMG_4292.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4291.jpeg
    IMG_4291.jpeg
    541.5 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_4294.jpeg
    IMG_4294.jpeg
    552.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4296.jpeg
    IMG_4296.jpeg
    747.4 KB · Views: 28
Looking on the JL Forum it seems the reservoirs often get holes in them, so I would buy one in advance in case that’s the issue.

Thos hoses themselves are pretty easy to work with, if I recall the reservoir has two hoses running to it, one held with a simple spring clamp, and the other is retained with a metal clip on the plastic gasketed fitting on the bottom.

Here is a picture of what it looks like with the reservoir removed on the 3.6.
1706450344429.png

You should be able to source replacement hoses if needed, example here, https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2019-jeep-wrangler/cooling/coolant_recovery_bottle.html

Swapping them out should be pretty straight forward.

Thos hoses themselves are pretty easy to work with, if I recall the reservoir has two hoses running to it, one held with a simple spring clamp, and the other is retained with a metal clip on the plastic gasketed fitting on the bottom.

Here is a picture of what it looks like with the reservoir removed on the 3.6.
View attachment 8276

You should be able to source replacement hoses if needed, example here, https://www.moparpartsgiant.com/parts-list/2019-jeep-wrangler/cooling/coolant_recovery_bottle.html

Swapping them out should be pretty straight forward.
Cool. Thanks Kevin!

Back