2024 VA4WDA Earth Day Clean-Up (April 20 - Bald Mountain Jeep Trail)

Added to Calendar: 04-20-24

The_Rock

Club Vice President
Member 2024
VA4WDA
We are proud to announce this year’s event with the NFS to give back to our public lands. We will be providing the gloves, water, litter pick up tools, and trash bags. You may bring loppers, manual trimmers and hand tools. Please also bring your bug spray and your lunch.
Camping is at no charge if you are staying in our designated area, William Branch Day Use Area of Sherando Lake Campground. Hard sided campers and RVs are not permitted in this area. You can reserve a site in the main campground if you have a tag camper or RV. (Contact Sandy if you have questions about this.) Hot showers are available. Gate closes at 10pm. Let them know at the gate that you’re with VA4WDA, and they will give you a pass and directions to our camping area. Our area is secured from Friday morning until Sunday morning. If you plan to trail ride on Sunday, you must pack up your camp site before taking off for the trails. Again, we need a head count so be sure to let us know if you plan to join us. (VicePresident@va4wda.org or bronco.1995va@gmail.com).
Camping and dinner at Sherando Lake Campground (94 Sherando Lake Rd, Lyndhurst, VA 22952), William Branch Day Use Area.
We will be working with the NFS and Tread Lightly! to remove litter from the trails, clear brush and limbs from the trails, sign installation, camp site cleanup, repairing kiosks, and other tasks.
Let’s show our support for the land we use by performing some well needed maintenance. This is one step closer to keeping our Public Lands Open!
More information at: https://www.facebook.com/va4wda.

Finally heard back from Sally last night. If anyone is interested in joining for the day, I will be departing Ashburn at 0530 tomorrow morning and traveling down via I15. I will not be staying Saturday night because of other commitments on a Sunday, but they have an area dedicated to 4WDVA and its tents or soft-sided trailers.

Joe

Finally heard back from Sally last night. If anyone is interested in joining for the day, I will be departing Ashburn at 0530 tomorrow morning and traveling down via I15. I will not be staying Saturday night because of other commitments on a Sunday, but they have an area dedicated to 4WDVA and its tents or soft-sided trailers.

Joe
Tomorrow morning Joe? This is in April sir, unless you are talking about something else. ;)

My mistake on the dates, I’m off by a whole month. It’s been a long week.

Last edited:
Alright folks. Just a heads up that I will be attending this event next month anf wanted to see if anyone else is interested. Sharing what I know so far; It will be a rain or shine event, there will be camping on site (tents soft-sided campers), and you must email ahead of time so they can get a headcount.

I am new to the group, was going to try and make it down, but didn't notice its about 3 hours from me. Will have to see if I can swing it. Will know by noonish today. I don't have any supplies as I am living out of a hotel right now but have plenty of energy, and will power. lol

Once again I am super new to the group. I would like to join you all for this event. Do we have a start time to meet?

Back