What did you do to your Jeep today?-April 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

3VOLVE

Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Replaced the hubs with new Mopar, resolving the frozen hub issue.

IMG_8248.jpeg
IMG_8251.jpeg

Painted my Next Venture rear diff skid and Genright front bumper.

IMG_8250.jpeg

IMG_8252.jpeg

Fixed my passenger side marker light after I hit a tree trying to knock it over (oops 🤣), and then rescued some poor 17 year old from flood waters. Kid drove his car through water too fast and hydrolocked his engine.

Also I got this really cool picture of my jeep lol.
IMG_1846.jpeg

New month, new wrenching opportunities. I'll kick it off with arrival of new rear shocks for the JT. My Foxes were weeping fluid on drivers side and gave me a good excuse to replace. Only 17k miles on them but something was failing. So new Foxes with remote. Hopefully get them on Monday.
shock.jpeg

New month, new wrenching opportunities. I'll kick it off with arrival of new rear shocks for the JT. My Foxes were weeping fluid on drivers side and gave me a good excuse to replace. Only 17k miles on them but something was failing. So new Foxes with remote. Hopefully get them on Monday.
View attachment 8583
Thats what I am riding on mine. I have had a year or two and really like them.

Not today, but yesterday had Bull Run 4x4 add some additional skids in the rear.

MetalCloak Rear Differential Skid Plate
1712417751832.png

Rusty's Rear Lower Control Arm Frame Side Skid Plate
1712417791103.png

Rusty's Rear Lower Control Arm Axle Side Skid Plate
Rusty's Rear Axle Lower Shock Skid Plate
1712417836388.png

Got my first chance to wash, polish and spray ceramic coat the Gladiator. I'm happy with how it turned out and regret not getting an orbital polisher before now.
874ed13461002f0e834ce34eb4fef9e6.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk
Looks great Adam. That's my plan for tomorrow, fingers crossed.

I took the 3a out to stretch its legs and get gas on Saturday. All good. Took it out to go to the normal Sunday morning car and coffee and got out of the garage and turned it off to close the garage door. Went to start it back up and nada. A wire had broken at the back of the ignition switch. Old wiring sucks. So left it at home and fixed it when I got back.

New radio install Yaesu 300DR dual band is now at home in place of the Rugged. Just waiting on an antenna. and re running power leads direct to the main battery. Hopefully by the 19th I can get it wired.

Last edited:
Got the floor massaged to make room for the transfer case.

Got the linkage hooked up but didn't have enough throw in the stock shifter. Fabricated a piece to extend the shifter below the floor. Once the paint dries on it and I extend the vent hose, I can finish buttoning it all up.

2024-04-07 12.20.13.jpg

2024-04-07 13.03.50.jpg

Holyyyyyyyyyyyy

Wow.

Because it is not really under load there, I am contemplating cleaning it up and trying some marine jbweld.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back