Dana 35

I picked up a Dana 44 rear that was missing all the drum brake parts. Does anyone have a Dana 35 you want gone? It doesn't matter what shape it's in, as long as the drum brake parts are there.

I picked up a Dana 44 rear that was missing all the drum brake parts. Does anyone have a Dana 35 you want gone? It doesn't matter what shape it's in, as long as the drum brake parts are there.
You don't happen to be pulling out a factory 3.73 open carrier and spiders from that D44, do you? Looking to ditch the factory LSD in mine.

Just curious, if someone were to say, regear your D44 to 4.11s and install a locker, all those parts he's asking for would be available, right?

Not considering disc brakes?

Just curious, if someone were to say, regear your D44 to 4.11s and install a locker, all those parts he's asking for would be available, right?
The carrier on the TJ factory D44 is only compatible with 3.73 and down (numerically) gears, so anybody who has regeared from a non rubicon D44 to a numerically higher number than 3.73 would likely not keep their stock open carrier. Most of the shops just toss them in the scrap trailer. The open carrier and the LSD are not the same physical housing, so unfortunately I can't just convert mine to open from the clutch pack based LSD Jeep uses in mine. They're available used on ebay for ~$50, but its hard to get a good idea of what condition they're in so i've been hoping to find one locally that came off in a regear. Sorry to hijack your thread, Rich

Back