Author Topic: Tips for fixing paint scratches, Jeep body shop recommendations?  (Read 71 times)

Offline alex

• Forum User
  • Forum User
Hey all,

This might be a question that gathers scorn and ridicule, but I figured this community would know best.

I got a small, but very noticeable scratch on the hood (from ice over the winter) as you can see in the picture below, and I've been looking for ways to fix it. I wanted to see what people here do in this situation. Take it to a body shop? If so, any recommendations?

I tried fixing it myself using a Mopar paint pen but the colors (Granite Crystal Metallic PAU) weren't matching right and it just didn't look good in such a prime and noticeable location.

Yea I know some people don't worry about these things, but it only has 10k miles on it so I want to keep it looking as good as I can for as long as possible.

Has anyone taken their Jeep to one of the body shops in the area to get paint work done? Any good recommendations? I'm in Vienna, but would go anywhere in NOVA, DC, or MD.

Thanks!

Offline Nacho

• Club President
Re: Tips for fixing paint scratches, Jeep body shop recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2021, 05:42:25 AM »
I would try a little rubbing compound.  That has always worked on all my cars over the years. 

Officers:

President: Scott Posti (Nacho) | Vice President: VACANT | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: VACANT

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.