Author Topic: My 97 TJ needs a new frame  (Read 164 times)

Offline spong

• Forum User
My 97 TJ needs a new frame
« on: June 10, 2021, 10:37:56 AM »
I took my Jeep down to see about getting SafeTCaps put on the and it looks like it will cost about $4K as I need 5 sections replaced. I am strongly considering just biting the bullet and getting a whole new galvanized frame from throttle down Kustoms. It costs about $4k but will be a much better long term solution.

Anyhow, I live in a townhouse in Ashburn with only a parking space so I need either somewhere to do the work or someone to do it for me. Does anyone have an contact info of a place I can do the work or someone who can do the work for me?

thanks a lot

Offline sticksout

• Club Secretary
Re: My 97 TJ needs a new frame
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 11:23:38 AM »
Sorry I can't help with a POC for you but I suggest going the new frame route. I went the SafetyCap route on my '01 and as we got deeper into cleaning the frame found I was going to need a couple more sections but I had already bought the initial two I knew I needed so bought the additional ones. Hindsight, I would have just gotten a new frame.
2001 TJ Sahara - black

Offline cwkann

• WC
  • Committee: Website
  • Winchester, VA
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 12:42:17 PM »
ORI does great work and I just had similar work done along with some additions.  Give them a call 540-665-0123.  They are in Winchester and can get it done for you!   :tu
'03 Rubicon- 4.5" Clayton LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton hi steering, Anti Rocks sway bars, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.

Offline SD2001TJ

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 08:35:38 PM »
I had my safe t caps from my front wheel to my rear wheel welded by Dirt Nerds Motors in Sterling VA. I would get an estimate from them. I paid 2500 total which included the labor and parts.

2001 Jeep TJ - 4.0 - 3.5" Metalcloak Lift - Chromoly Front and Rear Axle shafts - 4.56 Gears - SYE - Adam's Driveshaft - 35x12.5x15 Dick Cepek's - Shittybilt Tire Carrier - Currie Steering - Safe T Caps front to Rear control Arms

Offline SD2001TJ

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2021, 08:38:45 PM »
I had a total of 6 sections replaced ( 3 on each side of the frame).
2001 Jeep TJ - 4.0 - 3.5" Metalcloak Lift - Chromoly Front and Rear Axle shafts - 4.56 Gears - SYE - Adam's Driveshaft - 35x12.5x15 Dick Cepek's - Shittybilt Tire Carrier - Currie Steering - Safe T Caps front to Rear control Arms

Offline sticksout

• Club Secretary
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 10:10:53 AM »
I had a total of 6 sections replaced ( 3 on each side of the frame).

lol, yep

It's a TJ....replacement piece from control arm into wheel well, long sidebar of body and from rear control arm into wheel well. I had three pieces on one side and two on the other.
2001 TJ Sahara - black

Offline DaveHill

• Forum User
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2021, 09:01:37 AM »
I just had Chris McInturff fix my frame in Berryville VA. His shop, CMX Motorsports specializes in on/offroad Motorsport /welding / repair /and fabrication.
(540) 686-2230
I took it to him last week and he finished the work in 5 days time.

He has a shop there and did an Outstanding Job for me and I would Highly recommend him!
My Front passenger control arm mount was ready to go and I bit the bullet and had him do the front to back Safe T Cap like repair kits on both sides.
He was very reasonable and went above and beyond for me doing some extra work, The welding turned out great and he was very helpful in letting me know what to buy so he could do the job. This saved me thousands over what i was quoted here in NOVA.
Happy to share the pics but not sure how to post them here.
'99 TJ Deep Amethyst

Officers:

President: Scott Posti (Nacho) | Vice President: VACANT | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: VACANT

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.