Author Topic: Rausch Creek Offroad Park Run, May 1st 2021  (Read 1072 times)

Offline justiceted

• Member 2021
Re: Rausch Creek Offroad Park Run, May 1st 2021
« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2021, 10:44:17 PM »
Thanks for opening up a second group. I am in.

Offline scottk

• Member 2021
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2021, 12:54:25 PM »
Hiam,

please sign me up for second group.

2005 LJ Rubicon, 35's

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2021, 04:01:34 PM »
Hiam,

please sign me up for second group.

You got it Scott, done!  :cheers
Instagram: @ladyhawkjk | "... hey heim-joint, that's your name now!"

Profile Picture Artwork Personalized to my Jeep by @stancetoonz on Instagram... #artistssupportingartists

Offline R3

• Trail Team
  • Member 2021
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »
It sounds like there are a good amount of people wanting to do Reds/Blacks. We are still running a stock Willys and novices to off roading, this will be our 2nd time on a trail. Any chance we would have enough people interested in just staying on the “bunny slopes”? My wife and I would feel terrible taking up a spot if we are the only ones not ready to do anything beyond greens.
I will echo what others have said, come up and play! Rausch has many challenges on all levels of trails. With careful spotting and driving you will be amazed at what your Jeep can do.

I have taken stock jeeps up crawl daddy, yes you might be on the winch at some point, but that is ok, it is part of the game.

Trail guides have some great knowledge and are willing to share to all.

Come, enjoy, explore!

Cheers

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers

17 JKURR
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

Offline 3VOLVE

• Trail Team
  • Member 2021 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2021, 07:16:29 AM »
Sherry and I are in!  Sick and tired on being in our damaged water damaged home during reconstruction..
US Army Veteran - Berlin Brigade, 101st Airborne (Air Assault) Division, 2nd Infantry Divisions (Camp Bonifas & Stanley), Department of the Army (Walter Reed & DIA).

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2021, 08:08:23 AM »
Sherry and I are in!  Sick and tired on being in our damaged water damaged home during reconstruction..

Joe, this is great news! Can't wait - you are added to the list!  :cheers :cheers

Profile Picture Artwork Personalized to my Jeep by @stancetoonz on Instagram... #artistssupportingartists

Offline R3

• Trail Team
  • Member 2021
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2021, 08:49:01 AM »
Joe!!!! Welcome back!!!!

Miss ya buddy!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Cheers

17 JKURR

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2021, 02:11:22 PM »
Some updates on what to expect on the ride, especially if this is your journey as a beginner on the trails.

The terrain will change overtime, and as the weather does too, this means we can expect anything from wet and muddy, with streams here and there, to dry and dust-like trails. Please, come prepared with the right clothing, shoes, and resources... sunscreen, water, food, tools, anything that makes you feel more comfortable.

At minimum, I will say that as a blue/black ride, you will benefit from rock sliders. For those that are coming with plastic side steps, please take note that they will most likely suffer, and will be tapped; without sliders or those steps, you will experience rock rash. So, this means if you have plastic steps, please understand the expectations of the ride.

This being said, you will be offered assistance every second of the way, when requested and when not, to provide the best possible outcome on the trails. By no means am I saying do not show up if you don't have rock sliders, just know what to expect and we will work with you.
The groups are mixed enough that they carry stock, and modified Jeeps which will make for a fun trip, and a range of expertise; I expect people will be working together and you can count on making new friends.

Tips

Before we hit the trails from the parking lot, I STRONGLY recommend that you move your essential recovery gear including: winch controller, tree savor, D-Ring shackle, or soft shackle to a more reachable place in your Jeep. The reason I say this is because, learning from experience, if you are at an incline or odd angle, and you try to swing open that tailgate to get your stuff out, you run the risk of having things fall out if not tightly secured (please secure ahead of time), or the weight of the tailgate may push you back... and you go tumbling down... so let's avoid that.

The park has an air-up section, so if you don't have an air compressor of some sort, or on-board air, you can air-up at the air station near the park entrance to the trails.

When spotting, only ONE spotter allowed per vehicle regardless of the obstacle. Too many directions will confuse the driver, please understand that while we love assistance, shouting commands does not work, and more than one person spotting can lead to a difficult outcome.

Winch... make sure it works as does your Jeep. If you don't have a winch, tow points are mandatory.

Group 1: We will start with Crawler Ridge & Trail 11 as our warm up before we make our way to Crawl Daddy to meet up with Group 2. Yes, there are bypasses, yes you can choose to watch, assist and learn, but the only way you learn is by trying and working with one another.

Park information can be found here, please read ahead of time so you know what to expect regarding costs, FAQ, and more... https://www.rc4x4.org/faq

If at the end of the day, if you'd like to join our Trail Team and start your journey to becoming a guide for this club, let's have a chat. In the end, this is going to be fun, you will learn a lot, and you will make new friends with people who are always willing to help.

Looking forward to meeting some new faces, and reuniting with some old friends!

Best,
Hiam

Offline R3

• Trail Team
  • Member 2021
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2021, 09:17:29 AM »
Good morning all,
 We have a couple weeks before the  Rasuch trip, so  get you  "cart items" installed and op checked grease the  bits that need grease and tighten the bits that need tightening.  Gather your recovery gear and  make sure you have the windy thing controller with you.

Fresh off the  Taco trail ride, I am looking forward to another great  trail run.  The  OP for this event has take ill and  I have contacted  her thru E-mail to see what she want to do with this run.  if folks are still interested I am sure we can find a way to make this happen.

Badge of Honor trails , trail 11, Crawler Ridge and yes Crawl Daddy are all on the list.  Can you do them all?  That is up to you.  We have some great talent signed up for this run and with a little team work it should be another great time.

Ego.... we leave that in the parking lot for this trip.  We all end up on a recovery line  at some point and that just doesn't matter, it is part of the sport.  "when in doubt Throttle out" need not apply  on this trail run.  The goal will be get all thru the challenging terrain with  minimal to no damage to their rigs.  Your skid plates will talk to you.  Your rims might has some new  adhoc designs on the lips, you will have a big smile on you face  at the end of the day.  Techniques  and control will be the keys on this run. 

Kids  dawgs and other halves are welcome  just follow the park guidelines for the  pups.

I ask that some consideration be applied  and arrive before  take off time to  prep your rig, get signed in and be ready to roll as outlined in post #1.  the day can be long depending on the difficulty level of the trails we decide on and number of  rest stops we take.

Lunch on the trail That is on you. Bring what you like and pack out what you pack in.

Cheers
Rob
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 09:37:03 AM by R3 »
Cheers

17 JKURR

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2021, 10:31:14 AM »
Will be staying at the Pine Grove Hampton Inn Friday night into Saturday morning.

While I have put the meeting time at 8:30 am, I do so in case folks need more time or run into issues on the road,  I will be at the parking lot at 8 am ready to sign in, air down, and get ready for a quick driver's meeting... if you can make it earlier, please do so.

If anyone brings a pup, I don't have a passenger as of yet and would love to have a pup as my assistant... just as long as he doesn't jump in the driver's seat and try to suffocate me with his weight like the last bulldog did...  :eek

See you all on the trails,
Hiam

Offline Dubv09

• Member 2021
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2021, 01:02:25 PM »
We are still planning on coming. Looking forward to it, you guys keep making me nervous with the all prep stuff. We running a stock Jeep, I have straps and the stock tow hooks, but we will be there. We will be coming up from Hershey day of. We plan on hitting the park Friday and staying there for the night. We can definitely be at Rausch Creek by 8am.

Offline BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2021, 01:03:40 PM »
We are still planning on coming. Looking forward to it, you guys keep making me nervous with the all prep stuff. We running a stock Jeep, I have straps and the stock tow hooks, but we will be there. We will be coming up from Hershey day of. We plan on hitting the park Friday and staying there for the night. We can definitely be at Rausch Creek by 8am.

No need to be nervous, we will work with you and it will be a very fun day! Very excited to meet you both  :cheers

Offline R3

• Trail Team
  • Member 2021
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2021, 01:48:55 PM »

So as Guides, we have seen some things, worked through some things and been on the wrong end of decisions. So if it sounds like we are planning  an invasion  don't worry we are just going through our check lists.   "Prior planning prevents poor performance". Also  Blue /black trail rides are not  just driving down a gravel road. They will challenge you and your rig. If this makes you nervous good that means you reading the stuff we write.  You are also informed as to what to expect.  No surprises.  Again we have seen some stuff and attended  rides with a level of expectations  that was not conveyed.

Things you need. Fire extinguisher and a first aid kit.  Some way to change you tire on the trail Jeep was thoughtful here and supplied a jack thing in the Jeep with a way to take the wheel lugs off.   Bring food and water and a willingness to learn / challenge yourself.

No sweat right?

See ya on the 1st.
Rob
Cheers

17 JKURR

Offline JustOnlyME

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2021, 06:33:09 PM »
If anyone brings a pup, I don't have a passenger as of yet and would love to have a pup as my assistant... just as long as he doesn't jump in the driver's seat and try to suffocate me with his weight like the last bulldog did...  :eek

See you all on the trails,
Hiam

How about one that gets car sick and vomits all over and then is anxious and poops? If thats not a problem then my pup is the one for you.  :rotfl

Offline JustOnlyME

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2021, 06:39:10 PM »
If anyone needs a 5 lb ABC dry chemical fire extinguisher for free give me a shout. I get plenty of them from work. No mounting hardware, just the fire extinguisher. Good for home kitchen, garage and shop use too.

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Scott Posti (Nacho)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.