Author Topic: Sand Blasting  (Read 137 times)

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Member 2021
  • JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
Sand Blasting
« on: March 09, 2021, 08:54:08 PM »
Does anyone know any local companies that do sand blasting on bumpers?  I want to get the current substandard powder coating removed from my front and rear mid-width bumpers and my front bumper skid plate.  They are really starting to show the shoddy job (and rust spots) the powder-coat guys did on them!  Thanks everyone!
Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

Offline cwkann

• WC
  • Committee: Website
  • Winchester, VA
Re: Sand Blasting
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 09:14:01 AM »
I know Rob Wicks in Winchester does them.  If you don't find anything closer I can get his number for you.
'03 Rubicon- 4.5" Clayton LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton hi steering, Anti Rocks sway bars, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.

Offline Jeepin_Donnie

• Club President
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 12:26:06 PM »
Does anyone know any local companies that do sand blasting on bumpers?  I want to get the current substandard powder coating removed from my front and rear mid-width bumpers and my front bumper skid plate.  They are really starting to show the shoddy job (and rust spots) the powder-coat guys did on them!  Thanks everyone!

Sandblast America in Manassas.  They powder coated my front and rear bumpers.  The rear one needed stripping before powder coating.  They did an excellent job for the best price I could find in the area.
Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  :)

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Member 2021
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 02:39:01 PM »
I know Rob Wicks in Winchester does them.  If you don't find anything closer I can get his number for you.

Thanks Chris!  I'm going to reach out to the guys in Manassas first.  Appreciate the response!
Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Member 2021
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 02:39:39 PM »

Sandblast America in Manassas.  They powder coated my front and rear bumpers.  The rear one needed stripping before powder coating.  They did an excellent job for the best price I could find in the area.

Thank you Donnie!  I'll reach out to them and see what they say!  Thanks again!

Offline unl1mtd

• BOD
  • King George, VA
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 05:12:36 PM »
I used SodaBlasters of VA to strip my rock sliders before repainting. They have a mobile service which came to my house and did it in my backyard. Would not recommend in a HOA or house with close neighbors as it’s loud. But I was very happy with the service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
webmaster@novajeepers.com   

Offline Jeepin_Donnie

• Club President
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2021, 06:06:47 PM »

Thank you Donnie!  I'll reach out to them and see what they say!  Thanks again!

You're welcome!  Let them know you're a Nova Jeeper and that I sent you. 
Mods, they never end.  My rig needs a sponsor!  :)

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Scott Posti (Nacho)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.