Linked Events

• NoVa Jeepers Tour of DC: February 21, 2021

Author Topic: NoVa Jeepers Tour of DC  (Read 912 times)

Offline Nacho

• Trail Team
  • Club Member at Large
NoVa Jeepers Tour of DC
« on: January 25, 2021, 03:30:45 PM »
As mentioned in another thread, I was trying to think of some ideas for some fun local things we could do where folks could get out, but still social distance.  One of the ideas was a guided Jeep tour of downtown DC.

First, I want to make clear that I am not claiming to be an expert or professional tour guide.  I have lived here in northern VA less than 10 years and don’t get up to the city (outside work) too often.  That said, I have tried to get out and learn a few things and enjoy trivia and history, especially in our Nation’s Capital.

If you’re interested, grab your family and join us on February 21.  We will meet up at Gravelly Point and do a nice little drive through the District.  I will be using GMRS and point out some of the sites and historical markers along the way.  Once we wrap up, we will look for a place we can grab lunch (depending on how many sign up), or perhaps do a picnic somewhere if the group is too big.

What:  DC Jeep tour
Where: Gravelly Point (38.8648° N, 77.0380° W)
When: February 21, meet 8:30, depart at 9:00
Comms: if you have a GMRS or handheld FRS, that is what we will use.  Channel 15

If you're intersted, please sign up below.  Dont anticipate needing to have limit on this one.  :)

1. Nacho
2. BLACKHAWKJEEP
3. Jowee
4. Dannyuk
5. fabriyerovi
6. TonkaTonkaTonka
7. danilo1604
8. DAMTALL
9. PSUJeeper03

*** Look forward to seeing you all Sunday morning.  Please dont forget to bring something for lunch, as we will wrap up where we start and enjoy a cold but sunny picnic lunch**
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 02:55:10 PM by Nacho »

Online BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
Re: NoVa Jeepers Tour of DC
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2021, 03:41:19 PM »
Please sign me up - this is going to be so fun! Will check in with Joanna and see if she can attend too.
Instagram: @ladyhawkjk | "... hey heim-joint, that's your name now!"

Offline jowee

• Member 2021 VA4WD/BRC
  • Forum User
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2021, 03:55:01 PM »
I'm in (thanks for the reminder)!!      :cheers     :p

Offline Dannyuk1

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 03:59:02 PM »
I am in.  Dannyuk

Offline fabriyerovi

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2021, 08:50:10 PM »
I'm in!.  :jw

Offline dave2002ti

• Member 2021
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2021, 11:58:54 AM »
Are you really sure you all want to do this? National Guard and Reserve troops arent leaving anytime soon.  At least 5000 are remaining in DC to provide security against undisclosed threats until the first week of April. Are any other protest happening in DC that day especially involving White Supremacists or pro Trump groups? A convoy of lifted Jeeps driving through DC with drivers and passengers who are predominantly white and male might attract unwanted attention from Fed LE and MPD.
Hate to be  party pooper but just something to consider.  I can just see CNN and MSNBC reporting DC being invaded by a bunch of jacked up Jeeps with white drivers. You all be famous and your pixs will be all over the WP and NYT.   DC INVADED 

Always remember the picture on your official govt iD or CAC card should match the one in the Post Office

Dave Apker

Offline Nacho

• Trail Team
  • Club Member at Large
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2021, 12:09:29 PM »
Appreciate the reminder and great points. 

I was hoping that by late February a lot of the turmoil may be calming down.  I know several of my co-workers are starting to go back into the city and I was planning to do a dry walkthrough in a couple weeks.

I will certainly monitor road closures and/or any political unrest as it gets closer. If there is a viable safety or traffic risk, we do not want to be around that.

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Member 2021
  • JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2021, 02:51:43 PM »
I wonder how much trouble we would get in by 4x4ing up the Exorcist steps in Georgetown?!?  :barf  :rotf
Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

Online BLACKHAWKJEEP

• Club Vice President
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2021, 02:57:24 PM »
I wonder how much trouble we would get in by 4x4ing up the Exorcist steps in Georgetown?!?  :barf  :rotf

Does this mean you are joining us for the tour ;)

I will be happy to make a sign that says we come in peace  :lol
Instagram: @ladyhawkjk | "... hey heim-joint, that's your name now!"

Offline TonkaTonkaTonka

• Member 2021
  • Forum User
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2021, 05:37:26 PM »
I'd like to come!
My compass always points du nord.

Offline danilo1604

• Forum User
  • Forum User
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2021, 07:17:16 PM »
Count me in

Offline Nacho

• Trail Team
  • Club Member at Large
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2021, 07:20:20 PM »
I have been updating the list as folks sign up....DAMTALL, are you in?

Offline dave2002ti

• Member 2021
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2021, 09:08:21 AM »
Think about this you work for the FBI, DHS, or MPD and you get a report of 20 lifted Jeeps in a convoy visiting DC landmarks and historical sites. Also reports disclose lots of radio traffic on various GMRS frequencies.  Report also says the drivers and passengers are predominantly white  and are dressed in jeans and flannel shirts etc...   Does this fit the perconceived image of what a white supremacist is? You bet. Add a F250 diesel rolling goal in your group  and you are now public enemy #1 and a white supremacists and domestic terrorists. Next thing you know you all are surrounded by LE of all types and assuming various positions as you leave the Naval Observatory area.  Hopefully you all left any firearms at home along with mags and ammo, you also only have multitools with very short blades on your person or in your Jeep, and if you use mj you left it home since possession on Federal property is still a crime.  Open source info in the news etc states that authorities are on alert for possible violence from white supremacist groups.   

If your work for the Federal govt or a cleared contractor the appropriate agencies and your boss will have an email about this at 0600hrs Monday morning.

So my suggestion is if you want to this have your lawyers number on speed dial and make sure  a friend or your wifey has the cash to throw your bail thats if you get bail. Oh and practive your oral communication skills. 

Enjoy. cant wait to see the pixs

Dave Apker

Offline Nacho

• Trail Team
  • Club Member at Large
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2021, 09:19:19 AM »
Think about this you work for the FBI, DHS, or MPD and you get a report of 20 lifted Jeeps in a convoy visiting DC landmarks and historical sites. Also reports disclose lots of radio traffic on various GMRS frequencies.  Report also says the drivers and passengers are predominantly white  and are dressed in jeans and flannel shirts etc...   Does this fit the perconceived image of what a white supremacist is? You bet. Add a F250 diesel rolling goal in your group  and you are now public enemy #1 and a white supremacists and domestic terrorists. Next thing you know you all are surrounded by LE of all types and assuming various positions as you leave the Naval Observatory area.  Hopefully you all left any firearms at home along with mags and ammo, you also only have multitools with very short blades on your person or in your Jeep, and if you use mj you left it home since possession on Federal property is still a crime.  Open source info in the news etc states that authorities are on alert for possible violence from white supremacist groups.   

If your work for the Federal govt or a cleared contractor the appropriate agencies and your boss will have an email about this at 0600hrs Monday morning.

So my suggestion is if you want to this have your lawyers number on speed dial and make sure  a friend or your wifey has the cash to throw your bail thats if you get bail. Oh and practive your oral communication skills. 

Dave Apker

Thanks Dave....we will certainly continue to monitor as it gets closer.

...and yes, agree that folks should not bring firearms or ammo into the District where it is illegal.

Offline cwkann

• WC
  • Committee: Website
  • Winchester, VA
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »

Dave Apker

Thanks Dave....we will certainly continue to monitor as it gets closer.

...and yes, agree that folks should not bring firearms or ammo into the District where it is illegal.

WHAT???   :duh :duh :duh :duh
'03 Rubicon- 4.5" Clayton LA, 37"s, A bunch of skids by TNT, Poison Spyder, EMP, Rock Hard, Warn, Kilby and custom fab work.  CAI, Power chip, Exhaust, 4.88 gears and chromoly axles by Yukon. OBA and Powertank, one ton hi steering, Anti Rocks sway bars, MM 9500lb winch and a bunch of other stuff.

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Scott Posti (Nacho)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.