Author Topic: Where to get a Lift Installed  (Read 220 times)

Offline Works5va

• Forum User
Where to get a Lift Installed
« on: June 09, 2020, 09:08:42 PM »
Hey Jeepers,. I am finally ready to get my mall crawler a lift and new wheels and tires.  Looking for a metalcloak 2.5 lift.  Where is the best place to get this done?  I have not skills to attempt myself.  It is my daily so I don't want it to break.  Thanks for your info.

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
Re: Where to get a Lift Installed
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2020, 09:27:36 PM »
Hey Jeepers,. I am finally ready to get my mall crawler a lift and new wheels and tires.  Looking for a metalcloak 2.5 lift.  Where is the best place to get this done?  I have not skills to attempt myself.  It is my daily so I don't want it to break.  Thanks for your info.
I'm not sure what the current policy is in the club on gatherings, but once we are back in the normal swing of things, I would recommend a wrenching party. We have plenty of knowledge and tools in this club that could save you a bunch of money.

What type of Jeep do you have?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline sticksout

• Club Secretary
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 07:41:05 AM »
If you haven't already purchased, Ken at Manassas Offroad is a Metalcloak dealer and does installation as well.

8126 Sudley Rd
Manassas Va, 20109
571-283-4396
https://www.manassasoffroad.com/
2001 TJ Sahara - black

Offline R3

• Member 2020
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2020, 08:09:40 AM »
I'm not sure what the current policy is in the club on gatherings, but once we are back in the normal swing of things, I would recommend a wrenching party. We have plenty of knowledge and tools in this club that could save you a bunch of money.

I second the  idea of a DIY. with the available talent  in the club a 2.5 lift is a easy  install  in a day. By installing it yourself you begin the process of understanding how your rig works leading to how to  fix it if something break  down the road.  I have a garage and tool will be happy to help  when the restrictions begin to relax.  For shops there are a few in the area  each member has his or her own  favorite shop  depending on where you are  and how is closer.  OCD, ORI, Manassass of road, Chaos Fab shop are all good choices.

Cheers
Cheers

17 JKURR
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

Offline Works5va

• Forum User
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2020, 09:30:20 AM »

I have a 2017 jku Sahara

Offline Works5va

• Forum User
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2020, 09:33:13 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I am just having a hard time pulling the trigger.i just need to do it.  A wrenching party of course would be great, bit I would bring zero skills.  But it never hurts to learn.  Thanks again for the info.

Offline zuke

• Member 2020
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2020, 09:36:19 AM »
Where are you located? I'd be glad to help if you wanted to come by my shop in Fredericksburg...
John
2020 JT Sport S
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ HC Wheeler
1998 TJ SE

Offline R3

• Member 2020
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2020, 11:29:50 AM »
Thanks for the info.  I am just having a hard time pulling the trigger.i just need to do it.  A wrenching party of course would be great, bit I would bring zero skills.  But it never hurts to learn.  Thanks again for the info.

The whole idea of the wrenching party. Let me know when and where.
Cheers

17 JKURR
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

Online Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2020, 02:36:12 PM »

The whole idea of the wrenching party. Let me know when and where.
Exactly.  That is how we learn.  Rob is a master with electronics.  His work on my sniper install was nothing short of professional.  I learned from him that day for sure.
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Offline cram501

• Member 2020 VA4WD
  • Ashburn, VA
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2020, 04:25:18 PM »

I'm in the same boat as far as knowledge is concerned.   I was waiting for some wrenching parties so I show up, help, and learn in the process so I would have the knowledge myself.    Covid-19 put a dent in that so far this year.
2019 Mojito! JLUS MOAB

Online Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2020, 05:35:02 PM »

I'm in the same boat as far as knowledge is concerned.   I was waiting for some wrenching parties so I show up, help, and learn in the process so I would have the knowledge myself.    Covid-19 put a dent in that so far this year.
Sucks doesn’t it?  Wrenching parties are the best.  For some reasons the ones that I have held have gone on way too long.  Too much chatting I suppose. 
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Officers:

President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Vice President: Hiam Agha (BLACKHAWKJEEP)| Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.