Author Topic: Looking for a new LJ?  (Read 193 times)

Offline Runner

• Forum User
Looking for a new LJ?
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:06:43 AM »
With 1,841 miles it's not exactly new, but likely as close as you'll come!

https://collinsbrosjeep.com/2004-jeep-wrangler-lj-unlimited-791450/

« Last Edit: January 15, 2020, 06:12:07 AM by Runner »
2004 LJ - Built to wheel, but hides in the garage :(

Offline zuke

• Forum User
Re: Looking for a new LJ?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 09:33:10 AM »
A 17 year old vehicle with that few a miles on it is going to have a host of unusual problems, many of the rubber parts should be replaced right off the bat, Low mileage is great, but no mileage isn't, that sucker must have sat for years undriven.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have it, but I'd actually rather have one with 40,000~50,000m, this one hasn't even been driven enough to find out Joe Bob in Toledo failed to torque the head bolts right on assembly, And the warranty ran out in 2007!
John
2017 BU Trailhawk
2015 JK Unlimited Sahara
2008 JK Unlimited
2006 TJ Rubicon
1999 TJ SE

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 10:03:49 AM »
A 17 year old vehicle with that few a miles on it is going to have a host of unusual problems, many of the rubber parts should be replaced right off the bat, Low mileage is great, but no mileage isn't, that sucker must have sat for years undriven.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still love to have it, but I'd actually rather have one with 40,000~50,000m, this one hasn't even been driven enough to find out Joe Bob in Toledo failed to torque the head bolts right on assembly, And the warranty ran out in 2007!

Agreed! I'm also wondering if the fluids were ever even changed? Regardless, I've never seen one for sale with mileage this low. It is a Unicorn! 

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 12:49:55 PM »
And the fenders aren’t gray/white.  Must have been parked in a garage for the whole time. 
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Offline dave2002ti

• Member 2020
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 02:43:19 PM »
Isnt Collins Bros Jeep owned by that fool Dennis who appears on the show Fast and Loud with his boy toy  Richard Rawlings???  They are a very cute couple and he is the money man.

Its a LJ not a rare Ferrari or Porsche. Hell its not even a Defender US spec.

Over $3k and see what they say.

I wonder if the coolant was ever changed and what was used for coolant.

Dave Apker

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 04:13:05 PM »
I thought that number was crazy at first, then I see what decent LJs sell for, and even if I wouldn't pay it, it's not that absurd on the LJ scale. That being said, it is more than I paid for my 2006 LJ Rubicon, fully loaded with both tops, brand new.
Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 35" Wildpeak AT3W, Warn VR12-s winch, Mopar winch guard, Redarc brake controller
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2" lift, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W, Moab wheels, Mopar/AEV front and rear bumpers, JVC DDIN radio with backup camera

Offline DAMTALL

• Thread Jackin' 24/7
  • Committee: Events
  • JEEP stands for Personal Freedom and Happiness!!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »
At the right angle, in the right light (see first picture), the hood color looks different than the body.  Maybe it's just me, but just saying.
Big Mike - 2012 JKU Crush, 2.5" Teraflex Lift with Shocks, JKS Quick Discos, RockHard4x4 Skids and Evap Relocation Bracket, JCR Crusader Bumpers (mid-width front, mid-width rear), Teraflex HD hinge tire carrier, SmittyBilt h2o winch, 16x8 ATX wheels with 315-75-16 General Grabber AT2's.

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2020, 06:29:39 PM »
Isnt Collins Bros Jeep owned by that fool Dennis who appears on the show Fast and Loud with his boy toy  Richard Rawlings???  They are a very cute couple and he is the money man.

Its a LJ not a rare Ferrari or Porsche. Hell its not even a Defender US spec.

Over $3k and see what they say.

I wonder if the coolant was ever changed and what was used for coolant.

Dave Apker

Yes it is Dennis Collins.  And yes he has been the money man/ friend/ partner to Rawlings.  But he has money because of his Jeep restoration business and now Wrangler modification business.  He has a ton of parts for CJs that are unobtainable.  But if you must have it for your resto, he has it.  And charges accordingly. 

I like his collection.  But I would never pay his prices. 
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Offline Runner

• Forum User
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 07:11:22 PM »
I thought that number was crazy at first, then I see what decent LJs sell for, and even if I wouldn't pay it, it's not that absurd on the LJ scale. That being said, it is more than I paid for my 2006 LJ Rubicon, fully loaded with both tops, brand new.

Clean stock LJs are starting to bring crazy money. Mines not stock, but I'd sell it at that price!

Offline sticksout

• Club Secretary
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 06:04:35 PM »
it's pending sale
2001 TJ Sahara - black

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Kronthal (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep) | Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.