Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020  (Read 1352 times)

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020
« Reply #45 on: January 17, 2020, 02:28:36 PM »
What thing?  The cupholder?  They are at Harbor Freight in multiple colors.  I just moved the magnets from the back to the bottom.

Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Offline RFH_98TJ

• Forum User
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020
« Reply #46 on: January 17, 2020, 02:38:54 PM »
Sorry to hear that Frank.
What skid do you have so I don't have the same issue if I buy one in the future?

I have a Warn skid plate I got for free.  It's not as thick as I would like and I bent/warped it a few times pretty bad.  I've added a piece of 1/4"x2" angle iron welded down each side for more structure and it pretty much has prevented anymore bending.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/wrn-65020?seid=srese1&gclid=Cj0KCQiA04XxBRD5ARIsAGFygj8E2fu1HF4WmC8INZj2Rz0nGQ175QMnJlBJmVGgLeVxpRDe1QeV4vIaAgRQEALw_wcB
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 02:42:18 PM by RFH_98TJ »
98 TJ 4.0 Sport 5-speed - 4" lift on 35s, 4.56 on D30 with Lock Right and Ford 8.8 LS, Lots of welding

- Frank

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020
« Reply #47 on: January 18, 2020, 09:03:27 PM »
Gave the LJ some love today by installing a new JVC double din stereo with CarPlay and a backup camera input. I then took a BrandMotion JK camera and adapted it to the LJ for a nice clean factory look on the spare tire mount. Very pleased with how it turned out.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 11:04:41 PM by jwilson2598 »
Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 35" Wildpeak AT3W, Warn VR12-s winch, Mopar winch guard, Redarc brake controller
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2" lift, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W, Moab wheels, Mopar/AEV front and rear bumpers, JVC DDIN radio with backup camera

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #48 on: January 18, 2020, 10:13:10 PM »
 Very nice!
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #49 on: January 18, 2020, 10:32:07 PM »
Gave the LJ some love today by installing a new JVC double din stereo with CarPlay and a backup camera input. I then took a BrandMotion JK camera and adapted it to the LJ for a nice clean factory layout ok on the spare tire. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Very cool. Looks nice.

Do you think you would be able to run a camera to the front and have something similar to the gladiators?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2020, 11:01:37 PM »
Gave the LJ some love today by installing a new JVC double din stereo with CarPlay and a backup camera input. I then took a BrandMotion JK camera and adapted it to the LJ for a nice clean factory layout ok on the spare tire. Very pleased with how it turned out.

Very cool. Looks nice.

Do you think you would be able to run a camera to the front and have something similar to the gladiators?

Actually you can, the radio I got has a front camera input. Hadn’t thought about adding that, but I do have on on my Gladiator, so maybe I should so the LJ doesn’t feel left out.
Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 35" Wildpeak AT3W, Warn VR12-s winch, Mopar winch guard, Redarc brake controller
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2" lift, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W, Moab wheels, Mopar/AEV front and rear bumpers, JVC DDIN radio with backup camera

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: January 18, 2020, 11:04:31 PM »

Very cool. Looks nice.

Actually you can, the radio I got has a front camera input. Hadn’t thought about adding that, but I do have on on my Gladiator, so maybe I should so the LJ doesn’t feel left out.

Ooh.  Is Danille gonna wheel the LJ?  Camp Heep!!!!!!!!
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2020, 04:10:36 AM »

Very cool. Looks nice.

Sounds like a pretty nice unit. What is the model number?

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2020, 08:21:46 AM »

Very cool. Looks nice.

Sounds like a pretty nice unit. What is the model number?

It’s a KW-M650BT. I got it cheaper because it has a 6.2” screen instead of 6.8 and only has CarPlay. If you want/need a slightly bigger screen or Android Auto you can step up tot he 750 for slightly more.
Jeff

Offline Brahmins

• Member 2020
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2020, 01:55:59 PM »
100K on my kids JK.  Changed the plugs, wires and coil.   Not sure how it was even running with the plugs that were in it from PO. 

Offline overhead

• Club President
  • Crap, someone call Trevor.
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2020, 02:51:58 PM »
Plugs and an oil change on the TJ. No clue when the plugs were done last but man number 6 was rough.
The only thing about a Yj that's reliable is its mechanic.

Joey to Mike- That's more like it! Never done.....just outta money at the moment.

atjeep-Every time a YJ passes inspection, an angel gets it's wings.

Offline ogre45

• Member 2020
  • Winchester,VA
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2020, 03:51:12 PM »
Put the Jeepster in storage. 

Sent from my mobile device
Alex
1969 Jeepster Commando 2in lift, always in work
2018 JKU Golden Eagle, Rancho 2in progressive springs

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2020, 06:51:33 PM »
Went to Stafford and swapped some parts.  Picked up some new/used dash lights for the Scrambler. 
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

Offline whats_shakin_zaiken

• Member 2020
  • 2020 JLUR
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2020, 12:20:27 PM »
Put the Spicer Dana 44 diff cover on the back of the JL. Fun fact, they don't make lube lockers for the JL Dana 44 (yet, the bolt pattern is different than on the JK) but the JL actually comes with them from factory. Still ended up using RTV instead, but good to know if y'all want to swap covers at some point (...Donnie).
The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right

Offline smileyT

• Member 2020
  • TIP your Bartender and Waitstaff!
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2020, 06:06:51 PM »
Put a new battery in the ZJ!

T
2000 TJ Sold
1996 Grand Cherokee lift, control arms, 2001 wj leather seats family owned since new!
2016 Jku sport 2.5 lift, Geo brackets, front, rear bumpers, winch w/ synthetic line, 37 BFG AT, aluminum paint matched fenders inner fenders, bartact seat covers, rear seat capt chair conversion, etc

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.