Author Topic: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020  (Read 1351 times)

Offline Jeep Freak

• Website Committee/TRC
  • BOD
  • Jeep Jedi
What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020
« on: January 04, 2020, 06:03:50 PM »
 :wrench
'93 YJ SOA on 36s
'13 JKUR

Offline whats_shakin_zaiken

• Member 2020
  • 2020 JLUR
Re: What did you do to your Jeep today? - January 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 09:59:21 PM »
Got the 315's mounted on the JLUR and took the end caps off the Rubicon bumper.

Looks like FCA quality is still mud monkey, the ends of the steel bumper underneath the endcaps were all scratched up (looks like the end caps had to be hammered on). And the 5th tire wanted 46oz of weight...waiting on a replacement from Discount Tire.

But I still love her.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2020, 10:01:14 PM by whats_shakin_zaiken »
The Jeremy Theorem: Just buy 35's the first time
The Bill Corrolary: Bill is always technically right

Offline Irish_Wake

• Member 2020
  • Arlington, VA
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2020, 11:03:52 PM »
Spent the evening redoing all the aftermarket wiring I've done since highschool. Interior is done now, and behind glove box looks slightly less like a rats nest. Real solder or crimp terminal with heatshrink connections are making me a lot more comfortable with my work. It's kinda scary what some of the cheapo crimp connectors were looking like after a few years.

Eventual plan is to add another ignition switched and another always hot fuse box. Will be starting research on those soon
2000 TJ Sport
~3.75" total lift
33x12.5R15
Truetrac D30/Locked D44

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
I got my ARB compressor installed and wired up.  Everything seems to be working properly.  Now I need to go on a trail ride to justify airing down so I can use the compressor to air back up.   :lol

Offline ogre45

• Member 2020
  • Winchester,VA
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2020, 04:57:26 PM »
JKU passed inspection with the new tube fenders. :cheers
Alex
1969 Jeepster Commando 2in lift, always in work
2018 JKU Golden Eagle, Rancho 2in progressive springs

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 11:18:14 AM »
I was looking for a mount for my CB mic and Baofeng. There are a lot of companies that make mounts for the JK, JL and JT but not for the TJ.

So I found this China boat special cup holder mount on Amazon.

I removed the cup holder then mounted my CB mic holder to the mount.

Based on how the mount sits, I can use the clip on my Baofeng and clip is to the mount (backwards) and it sits in the grab handle. Since I put the Baofeng on a freq and leave it, it's not a big deal I can't see the readout and I can use the hand mic for comms. I will likely get a retractable mount for that hand mic.

For now it will work but I will come up with something else if I don't like it after my next wheeling trip.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Offline ogre45

• Member 2020
  • Winchester,VA
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 01:17:41 PM »
Got all the holiday trash out of the Jeepster and let the wife drive it around the neighborhood.  She hadn’t driven it yet and wasn’t used to manual steering and brakes.  Otherwise she said it was pretty fun to drive. 

Sent from my mobile device
Alex
1969 Jeepster Commando 2in lift, always in work
2018 JKU Golden Eagle, Rancho 2in progressive springs

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 03:08:02 PM »
Put on my bed step, and then took the Freedom Panels off for the first time to enjoy the weather. Nothing like 70 degrees in January!

Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 35" Wildpeak AT3W, Warn VR12-s winch, Mopar winch guard, Redarc brake controller
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2" lift, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W, Moab wheels, Mopar/AEV front and rear bumpers, JVC DDIN radio with backup camera

Offline Gr8Dain

• BOD
  • I HATE RUST!!!!!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2020, 05:24:22 PM »
Put on my bed step, and then took the Freedom Panels off for the first time to enjoy the weather. Nothing like 70 degrees in January!

My Ram has the bed step.  I did not even know until the day after I bought it and was swapping the plate frame and saw it.  I have used it a couple of times, but still forget and hop into the bed.  As I get older, I have a feeing I will be remembering that step is there.
Dain

1984 CJ-8 Scrambler
3.5" lift
DD and trail toy

1949 CJ 3a - Stock - Garage queen

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2020, 08:18:14 PM »

My Ram has the bed step.  I did not even know until the day after I bought it and was swapping the plate frame and saw it.  I have used it a couple of times, but still forget and hop into the bed.  As I get older, I have a feeing I will be remembering that step is there.

I find with short legs and a midsize truck on 33s or 35’s, I remember it real quick lol. I had one on the Tacoma and loved it, so I just had to wait for it to come back in stock to grab it for the JT.
Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 35" Wildpeak AT3W, Warn VR12-s winch, Mopar winch guard, Redarc brake controller
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2" lift, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W, Moab wheels, Mopar/AEV front and rear bumpers, JVC DDIN radio with backup camera

Offline sjalkian

• Member 2020
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2020, 08:58:22 AM »
Finalizing my tube fender install. Only thing left to do is wire up the turn signal and add a couple bolts to each side:

Makes her look a little meaner for sure. Anyone know if I’ll need a second marker to pass VA inspection?

Sarkis

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Freebird - 2000 TJ SE
5" total lift (3.75" SL and 1.25"BL)
35's Cooper SST Pro's
Rear D44 with ARB locker and 33 spline chromo shafts and 4.88 gears
Front HP D30 with Aussie Locker and 4.88 gears
UCF Tummy Tuck
X20 10K Synthetic Winch

Offline R3

• Member 2020
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2020, 04:19:53 PM »
Maintenance today,
Wheel off, brakes cleaned and lubricated ( slid pins  get stuck with muck quite a bit)  shocks off and cleaned,  greased all and put it all back together is one day....

Ready for another trip to the north.
Cheers

17 JKURR
2013 Victory XCT hot rod.

"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see"

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2020, 09:43:50 AM »
I was looking for a mount for my CB mic and Baofeng. There are a lot of companies that make mounts for the JK, JL and JT but not for the TJ.

You got a link to that thing? I could use one of those for the LJ.
Jeff

Offline majestek12

• Forum User
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2020, 02:13:38 PM »

I removed the cup holder then mounted my CB mic holder to the mount.

Based on how the mount sits, I can use the clip on my Baofeng and clip is to the mount (backwards) and it sits in the grab handle. Since I put the Baofeng on a freq and leave it, it's not a big deal I can't see the readout and I can use the hand mic for comms. I will likely get a retractable mount for that hand mic.

For now it will work but I will come up with something else if I don't like it after my next wheeling trip.

I'm pretty happy with how it came out.

Nice ingenuity, and don't mean to knock, but is that going to get in the way of airbag deployment?

Offline mopar31898

• Member 2020
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2020, 04:48:55 PM »
Thanks!

Here is the link.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07MZVMPKZ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

As for interference with the air bag, it could be possible but I believe it sits out far enough that the air bag would easily deploy and likely just bend the metal given the angle it sits.

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.