Author Topic: Custom fabrication / welding  (Read 500 times)

Offline ///BHRpowered

• Member 2020
  • Renegade Super Villan
    • Mazdaworld.net
Custom fabrication / welding
« on: March 13, 2019, 10:42:25 AM »
Looking for someone, a shop, a member etc who could do some fab work involving a winch plate on WJ. I have the basic guides and measurements - but no welder or welding experience since 8th grade shop. Mostly just welding 3 items together and 2 bends. Recommendations appreciated.
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable" - ///BHRpowered
"Watching the two black Millenias disappear over the horizon in front of the helplessly outraced Chevy was a treat for the X-man" - Xedosman
"I am not looking to take over the world like BHR" - cwkann

Offline Redleg

• Member 2019 VA4WD/BRC
Re: Custom fabrication / welding
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 12:52:37 PM »
There are a lot of good places to go for welding, where do you live?

Bull Run 4x4 - Haymarket
OCD - Woodbridge/Fredericksburg area
ORI and Chaos - Winchester

Just depends on where you live and how far you want to drive, but I would recommend any of those.
Bill
President - Black Goat Off-Road Club
2016 JKU Sahara -4.5 Metal Cloak Lock n Load long arm, 38" Milestars, Pro Rock 44, 4.88 gears/Arb Lockers etc.
1998 TJ Crawler -  back half'd, tons, LS, Atlas, ORI Struts and custom cage, 42s, etc.

Offline ///BHRpowered

• Member 2020
  • Renegade Super Villan
    • Mazdaworld.net
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 02:03:42 PM »
In Manassas, so any of those are good.

Mostly it's taking design specs and putting it together but also test fitting on my WJ for exact fitment. The pre-made ones just don't have what I'm looking for - member made his own and its cherry. Premade ones go for around 300 so I'd like to stay some where in that area.
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable" - ///BHRpowered
"Watching the two black Millenias disappear over the horizon in front of the helplessly outraced Chevy was a treat for the X-man" - Xedosman
"I am not looking to take over the world like BHR" - cwkann

Offline Redleg

• Member 2019 VA4WD/BRC
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 08:00:41 AM »
In Manassas, so any of those are good.

Mostly it's taking design specs and putting it together but also test fitting on my WJ for exact fitment. The pre-made ones just don't have what I'm looking for - member made his own and its cherry. Premade ones go for around 300 so I'd like to stay some where in that area.

OCD has been doing a lot of fab work and developing their own stuff, so give Scott a call. 
Bill
President - Black Goat Off-Road Club
2016 JKU Sahara -4.5 Metal Cloak Lock n Load long arm, 38" Milestars, Pro Rock 44, 4.88 gears/Arb Lockers etc.
1998 TJ Crawler -  back half'd, tons, LS, Atlas, ORI Struts and custom cage, 42s, etc.

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.