Author Topic: Converting MJ from 2WD to 4WD  (Read 4500 times)

Offline jwilson2598

• Webmaster
  • BOD
Re: Converting MJ from 2WD to 4WD
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2014, 08:13:58 AM »
it was a 91 2wd I swapped the whole drive train from my 94 Cherokee into it to use the 2wd trans would be to much of a pain the tail shaft housing is different you would also need a a new shaft for the back of the trans. if you buy one try to find a 89 and up I believe 89 was the first year of the Ho motor

91 was the first year of HO, 87-90 will be non HO Renix. Sadly the short window of HO Comanches (91-92) makes them hard to find.
Jeff

2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition, 35" Wildpeak AT3W, Warn VR12-s winch, Mopar winch guard, Redarc brake controller
2004 Wrangler Unlimited, 2" lift, 265/75/16 Wildpeak AT3W, Moab wheels, Mopar/AEV front and rear bumpers, JVC DDIN radio with backup camera

Offline ///BHRpowered

• Member 2020
  • Renegade Super Villan
    • Mazdaworld.net
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »
Hard to find as is, but almost all are 2wd 2.5 long wheel beds. Were people in the 80's just hauling ladders on level paved grades? 4.0, 4x4, short wheel base, auto. There is one in greenbriar with original looking tags. Doesn't answer door, left a note but no replies
"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement I would be unstoppable" - ///BHRpowered
"Watching the two black Millenias disappear over the horizon in front of the helplessly outraced Chevy was a treat for the X-man" - Xedosman
"I am not looking to take over the world like BHR" - cwkann

Offline cujeepn

• Forum User
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
On old Carolina road in Haymarket (right at intersection of health cote and old Carolina) who has 2 Comanches in his back yard on trailers. They have sat a long time so it might be an option if you are knocking on doors

Officers:

President: Stephen Clough (overhead) | Vice President: Donnie Herrity (Jeepin_Donnie) | Secretary: Robyn Alley (sticksout)
Treasurer: Danille Wilson (TJ Girl) | Member-at-large: Brit Nora (rebel4sale)

Board of Directors:
Dave Plummer (HAWAIICJ) | Sean McCready (Unl1mtd)
Jeff Wilson (jwilson2598) | Aaron Thomson (Jeep Freak) | Dain Wilson (Gr8Dain)

Founding Fathers:
 Jason Markvart (LNDSRK)  | Steve Scott (Islander90) | Josh Storer (Jastor)| Mike Finelli (BiggMike) | John Harper (Opie) | Andrew Harvin (HarvinJeep)

Disclaimer Statement:
All images from NoVaJeepers.net are exclusive to the Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association. Any reproduction of exclusive Northern Virginia
Jeepers Association material is strictly prohibited without written
consent of the Northern Virginia Jeepers Association. Jeep,
Wrangler, Cherokee, Commander, Compass, Patriot, Liberty, Unlimited,
Rubicon, SRT, HEMI and Grand Cherokee are copyrighted and trademarked
to Chrysler LLC. NoVaJeepers.com, Northern Virginia Jeepers Association
is not in any way associated with the Chrysler LLC.