YJ lift

A co-worker of mine has a fairly stock YJ. He wants to lift it to accommodate 33’s. Thought I’d ask on here for best recommendations on how to proceed with a project like this.
What size lift?
Brand?
Any extras that might be needed?

Honestly feel like it won’t see much off road time. Any and all help is appreciated.

d9408735c2357073a83871d52b8c4575.jpg

I originally had a 4.5" Rough Country Kit. That seemed to be perfect for 33s. I however was not a fan of the ride quality. I went through and replaced everything bit by bit. 3.5" BDS springs and Bilstein 5100 shocks keeping the 1" drop shackles (for now) and the track bar bracket to raise the front track bar (again for now). Going that far up you will need a Slip Yoke Eliminator and CV rear drive shaft or you will have to drop the transfer case an inch.

If you/he are new to all of this a kit will giv eyou everything you need to quickly get it up. The nice thing about it is a kit will come with all new hardware too when you have to cut things out.

Thanks for the info. Not sure about my buddy, but I lifted my 69 Jeepster rust bucket and remember all of the cutting I had to do to remove old parts. He said his Jeep had been restored at some point recently. Checked underneath and it’s very clean. All the hardware and suspension looks like it shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Back