What did you do to your Jeep today? - September 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Helped repair a broken twisted and rusted CJ frame today. Frame is straight now and new plates ready to be welded in. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Helped @OneArmedSaint finish up the rock slides. Granted him and @Nacho already had one done. Then we figured out the parking break and how it works on the JLU and got that reconnected. Lastly I was able to cut off some of the skid plate so it did not sit on the exhaust. Thanks for the tools, brawn and brains.
What happened to your e-brake? Hadn't heard that before. And what skid was sitting on the exhaust?

What happened to your e-brake? Hadn't heard that before. And what skid was sitting on the exhaust?
Rough Country skids. as for the e-brake, i think that was something i messed up when i put in the lift last nov. did not know it until 3 weeks ago since well, i have an automatic and never really tested the break. the driver side cable had come disconnected/not hooked up to the tie bracket in the center console tied into the break handle.

Rough Country skids. as for the e-brake, i think that was something i messed up when i put in the lift last nov. did not know it until 3 weeks ago since well, i have an automatic and never really tested the break. the driver side cable had come disconnected/not hooked up to the tie bracket in the center console tied into the break handle.
Ohh interesting. I remember when I did my rubi suspension switchout, I was following instructions that mentioned disconnecting the E-brake harness bracket /discarding it to give it more room when you lift. Wonder if you stretched it/pulled it out when you were lifting it?

Ah that's right on Rough Country, I had forgotten. Oil pan/engine skid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back