What did you do to your Jeep today? - May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
installed the metalcloak out board front lower shock mounts. removed a bump stop puck from the front.
changed the air filter.
Replaced the rear brake pads and brakes lines.
Broke a bolt on my twin ARB air compressor trying to stop an air leak rendering it usless.

New Jeep yesterday and it got it's first mod today. Amp Research power steps because it is the wife's Jeep and she is 5'-1" tall.

20220430_165928 (1).jpg
20220501_193244 (1).jpg

So this Saturday I switched to Rubicon takeoff springs, Mopar Extended LCAs, and a .5" front leveling spacer.

From measurements on the rock rails before and after in a parking garage, I gained about 1.5" in the rear and 2" on the front. From the factory I had about a 3/4" rake, but from the measurements sit almost level now. As far as driving goes, I don't know if it's the springs or the LCAs, but riding on the road feels quite a bit "smoother" now. I notice fewer bumps and I'd definitely call it an improvement. I think I notice the ride height a little bit too.

Big shout out to @JustOnlyME for sharing his space, some of his tools, and his advice/helping wherever I needed it. I'm a beginner to all this and it took me a long time (understatement). It was the most involved work I've ever done on a vehicle before (by a lot), so was a huge step up for me development wise. I hope to continue growing and learning. I've attached a couple pictures of before/after from a local parking garage.

IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2908.jpg

Replaced the alternator… again… first replacement that I bought from Advanced Auto was a dud.
Got a Mechman alternator. Problem solved… but somehow nicked a coolant hose in the process… 🤦‍♂️
Fortunately, baby has an appointment at OCD tomorrow for the steering.

So this Saturday I switched to Rubicon takeoff springs, Mopar Extended LCAs, and a .5" front leveling spacer.

From measurements on the rock rails before and after in a parking garage, I gained about 1.5" in the rear and 2" on the front. From the factory I had about a 3/4" rake, but from the measurements sit almost level now. As far as driving goes, I don't know if it's the springs or the LCAs, but riding on the road feels quite a bit "smoother" now. I notice fewer bumps and I'd definitely call it an improvement. I think I notice the ride height a little bit too.

Big shout out to @JustOnlyME for sharing his space, some of his tools, and his advice/helping wherever I needed it. I'm a beginner to all this and it took me a long time (understatement). It was the most involved work I've ever done on a vehicle before (by a lot), so was a huge step up for me development wise. I hope to continue growing and learning. I've attached a couple pictures of before/after from a local parking garage.

View attachment 4211
View attachment 4212
Looks great! Is your rig Hydro Blue?

Took some “lunch hour” time today to remove the transfer case. I need to replace a seal or two as it has been leaking pretty badly. I hope to work on it in the garage this weekend while it is pouring outside. Need to get it back together leak free before the Show and Shine. Time is ticking. I will probably replace the seal for the output of the transmission while I am at it.

26CCF210-7ADA-4D61-A21F-75CAE548366A.jpeg

Attachments

• 0A9E60B7-6174-4F8A-9882-DF8F3EFE6F2E.jpeg
    0A9E60B7-6174-4F8A-9882-DF8F3EFE6F2E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 49
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back