What did you do to your Jeep today? - March 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an 8.8 also. If you are going to run a rear anti-sway bar, I'm pretty sure you will need to trim/cut off the 2 fins on top of the diff casting otherwise the bar will hit them. Also, get a good diff cover as the OEM will peel right off getting hung on a rock edge. I used a "Solid" brand cover on mine and it fits pretty slim and doesn't hit anything.

Also, that axle is looking pretty good. Too bad you can't see them after the install.
The nice thing about that kit was I had to cut off all the brackets and it gives me new mounting points between the upper control arm bracket for the stock sway bar. Fits beautifully.

I agree with the cover. I told him that he needs to replace it. He is going to ask family for a "weld your own" cover (damn I opened a can of worms). He then wants me to do something funny, like weld a bead on the cover with his name or something. lol Gotta come up with something fun.

Don't worry. You'll get to see these diffs. He is such an Orioles fan that the Jeep is black and the diffs are orange. Not just the pumpkin. Everything. :ROFLMAO:

Bought some rigid flood used a year or two ago that match my front ones. Finally got them mounted. Made a couple quick tabs, welded them on, painted and wired. Need to get out at night and point them correctly, but glad to have something back there. Every time I’ve gone night wheeling I’m tail. Backing up with no lights at night at a place like Windrock is interesting. Haha

I know it’s not “level” on the gauge, but it’s level to the bumper.

93EE7F76-8F97-48BA-AA8E-38023CDE6B89.jpeg

C9948056-2067-4F75-AB4E-05DEE1553D12.jpeg

41A5C371-0D94-4D8A-B001-974E2E97C1C8.jpeg

CF640008-BC7E-46E7-984E-74881D53DC3B.jpeg

Finally installed the Fox steering stabilizer. Not 100% that it is correct. How does it look? There is only maybe a 1/4 inch of the bolt connected to the tie rod mount. I tested it on a few potholes around town and it works great. I am hope it’s good and not come out.

Attachments

• 39F3CC34-F00E-4AA1-9F5B-9552BD60AD15.jpeg
    39F3CC34-F00E-4AA1-9F5B-9552BD60AD15.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 53
  • 796DC104-2207-46D3-9B3A-155A3994D8CE.jpeg
    796DC104-2207-46D3-9B3A-155A3994D8CE.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 57
Hi ho silver and a cloud of steam .. looks like the Red Jeep had a head gasket let go today ....guess I know what I am doing this weekend.

View attachment 6150
Took a ride to flagpole on Sunday. Fun little snow wheeling trip

I have to show this picture to one of my friends, she bought a Trailhawk and bought the iKamper with it, and is slowly making some modifications. She's about to go on an overlanding adventure and I think she is still stuck on how capable her Jeep is. Just curious, if you have an album of your Jeep on the trails, I'd love to share it with her.

I had my 37” ko2s mounted on the method bead grip wheels I ordered. I picked it up today and took it for the first 50 mile break in. It was very windy so it’s hard to tell how squirrely it really is. No steering stabilizer currently installed because I couldn’t find a way to way it fit. I think my next upgrade will be PSC very soon.
663c0c636b2df1413a84868152bb72e8.jpg

703addedff2dfb05c72acd88fd0f9bea.jpg

I have to show this picture to one of my friends, she bought a Trailhawk and bought the iKamper with it, and is slowly making some modifications. She's about to go on an overlanding adventure and I think she is still stuck on how capable her Jeep is. Just curious, if you have an album of your Jeep on the trails, I'd love to share it with her.
I have plenty of pictures. Where do you want me to send them to?

Replaced an almost 11 year old yellow top in the LJ. Not too bad for a battery everyone says wont last 3 years.

Over the past few weeks, I noticed some dripping off my steering box on my TJ. Seems like the seal for the output is bad. I did some research and was going to buy a reman box but after talking with @Runner and @RattleTrap55 , I decided to go with the upgraded PSC box. I will run the upgraded box for now but always have the option to add the hydro assist later if needed.

Now I need to find time to install it.
892f1387ba22aca8caf6ce47e5a53ca1.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Over the past few weeks, I noticed some dripping off my steering box on my TJ. Seems like the seal for the output is bad. I did some research and was going to buy a reman box but after talking with @Runner and @RattleTrap55 , I decided to go with the upgraded PSC box. I will run the upgraded box for now but always have the option to add the hydro assist later if needed.

Whoo boy, that's nice.

I hope I the pitman doesn't give you trouble. I'd start PB blasting it in preparation. You can rent pitman arm pullers for free from AutoZone, if you go this route make sure you leave the nut on the end of the sector shaft, otherwise when the arm lets loose it'll go off like a gunshot. If it's on there tight the best way to break it loose is get the puller tight, but not tight enough that it strips the threads, then smack the pitman arm radius with a hammer. Make take a couple iterations.

If you rent, check the tool before you leave the store, I've gotten home with a couple that had boogered threads and had to make a return trip.

Don't forget to strap the steering wheel to keep it from turning.

They make a world of difference over both the boxes that were in the TJs and are head and shoulders above the redhead also. There are a few different routes to go if you ever go to the Hydro assist from there, very happy with mine in the LJ.

I went to Harbor Freight and found they had 1 of their off road jacks left. So I scooped it up with a few other items. So I will take this guy with me to the trails in the back of the truck. I have no clue how it compares to Pro Eagle as I have never used one. But from what I have seen on YouTube, this seems to be a decent jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back