What did you do to your Jeep today? - July 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
whose axles are you swapping now?
The lovely lady who bought them. She works with Bernie at Rausch. We decided to have a garage party.

Old out and new in by 3 pm. Great big shout out to John and his Boyz... Made short work of the swap, few modifications and lots of fun had by all. Plus a very happy Jeep girl heading home.

After my last trip to Rausch a month ago, I was very happy with the capability of my Jeep after adding the HP D30 with an ARB.

On the drive home that night, I started to think I would like to modernize the inside of the TJ to make it a little more hospitable for drives to Flagpole, Rausch, etc.

So my first step was to add a touchscreen stereo with Android auto and a backup camera. I got the stereo installed and everything is working fine. Now I just need to find a mount for the rear camera.

For the money, which I admit I did not spend a lot, I'm happy with the outcome. I have the ability to add a front camera if I want which I may do to help out off road.
2c40ffa56d26a94de1c88066838d5d43.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I was able to get the front and rear camera test mounted to check the angles, etc.

I'm happy with the rear and the temporary mount should be good for awhile until I come up with something more permanent.

I think the front is right where I need it but I just need to sort out the mounting to make it a little more stable. Hopefully I can figure something out prior to camp Heep. Having a front camera would be great because last time when I was climbing steep obstacles, it was hard for me to see @WNDR-XJ awesome spotting. Hopefully the camera can help.
0270e4d6ec2f443383a6aec89d3a9b37.jpg

I also figured out why I had no lowbeams but only highbeams. Swapped the relays for the two and now I have low but no high. So I need to get a new relay. It was a simple solution. I have been assuming it was a ground problem (always is) but glad it wasn’t.

Just messin around killing time, so I took the front grill off and touched up the paint. Got rid of most of the chips and bumps.

Grill2.jpg

I was attempting to straighten out the steering wheel by adjusting the drag link sleeve. I got the wheel straight and when I was tightening up the nuts on the sleeve, I sheered off one of the bolts.

Fortunately I was able to order a new one on Amazon. It should be here tomorrow. Should be able to get it fixed after work this week in time for Camp Heep.

I also figured out why I had no lowbeams but only highbeams. Swapped the relays for the two and now I have low but no high. So I need to get a new relay. It was a simple solution. I have been assuming it was a ground problem (always is) but glad it wasn’t.
Crap if you had said something I have spare relays here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back