What did you do to your Jeep today? - February 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember to measure at ride height. FedEx is who they use and it usually takes about 5 days for them to get here. Admas will make them the day you call, call early so they can ship the same day.

Finished the install of my skids
Curious to get your thoughts on this skid plate kit? I've been seriously considering it, but it is pretty pricey compared to most others, likely due to the materials and weight savings. Have you had it off road yet? Appreciate your feedback on it overall, thanks!

I got the rear 60 installed today. Everything lined up pretty perfectly.
a7a6a960c3ace0fe899634faf955c924.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curious to get your thoughts on this skid plate kit? I've been seriously considering it, but it is pretty pricey compared to most others, likely due to the materials and weight savings. Have you had it off road yet? Appreciate your feedback on it overall, thanks!

IRT cost, I purchased them on Black Friday sale (20%) plus they allowed me to stack the military discount (15%) for a total of 35% off! In essence, I got the UMHW for free and I couldn’t pass them up.

I haven’t had the opportunity to get her off-road yet to test em out, but looking forward to getting out there.

Worked some more on my brothers diff. Used some weldable primer on the underside between teh housing and bracket. That way it's all protected where we can't get paint. Pinion angle set and tacked in place now. I'm tacking everything up and we will test fit next weekend. If everything works, I will clean the primer on the outside where the finish welds will go, then he can paint it all later.

I'm digging this Barnes Kit.

IMG_2210.jpg

The welding cart table top coming in handy.

IMG_2211.jpg

Took advantage of the weather to do some work in my parking lot over the past couple of days. Finally installed some of the Asfir skids I bought over BF:

IMG_5936.jpg

Did that one and the front diff skid, still have the engine one to do at some point.

Did a little wet sanding of the spray bomb paint. Needs some more before I apply some clear.

Thanks to Dain, and several of his broken drill bits, for trying to secure the sway bar on my 2012 JKU! It seems one of the bolts broke INSIDE the frame. He tried using drill bits to get a hole started to try and use an extractor. After one of the extractors broke, we decided the best solution was to tack in down with some welding! Not sure what to do now. Thanks again for all your help Dain! Did you ever finish the wet sanding?

Reactions: R3
Picked up the wife’s rig from the decal shop. I think this looks pretty tight! Thanks to Mid Atlantic Graphic Solutions in Sterling.

Attachments

• 4F87B307-E50A-4AF8-9E7F-3AB163462547.jpeg
    4F87B307-E50A-4AF8-9E7F-3AB163462547.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 73
  • A06A5DDA-1DC4-4720-A4D2-3D1E82521ED4.jpeg
    A06A5DDA-1DC4-4720-A4D2-3D1E82521ED4.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back