What did you do to your Jeep today? - December 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems relevant to a lot of YouTube tutorials. Good information to know though. Besides the misaligned bolts how is the mishimoto? Would your purchase it again?
Just finished up about a hour ago. Temps are 5-8 degrees lower at idle...road test tomorrow.

Road tested the new Rad. Temps are down a good 20 degrees, but that might have something to do with the wind chill too. Think we are good to go now.

Went to bleed my brakes the other day while resting with COVID. It is better, but not great. I will do it again. But I am thinking my brakes need an upgrade anyway now that I am running the 35s. Considering hydroboost but thinking I may just go with a dual diaphragm booster set up.

Dual diaphragm worth every cent. My next upgrade in that department will be WJ knuckles so I can go to the 12” brake rotors.
I was wondering if the improvement will be much more. But am thinking it must be. What sise are you running Rob? 7” dual, 8” dual?

I found a stock ‘95 YJ diaphragm. That took some calling around. Reason I went that way instead of one the aftermarket jobbies is, if I blow out a master cylinder, I can go to any parts store and get a master cylinder replacement. The master cylinder is the same as a TJ. I like to stay factory design whenever I can.

TJ booster can work but you have to cut the shaft to make it shorter. However, as I’m typing this, I wonder if you could space the booster off the firewall a little to make up for it.

Single best upgrade I’ve done to date.

I found a stock ‘95 YJ diaphragm. That took some calling around. Reason I went that way instead of one the aftermarket jobbies is, if I blow out a master cylinder, I can go to any parts store and get a master cylinder replacement. The master cylinder is the same as a TJ. I like to stay factory design whenever I can.

TJ booster can work but you have to cut the shaft to make it shorter. However, as I’m typing this, I wonder if you could space the booster off the firewall a little to make up for it.

Single best upgrade I’ve done to date.
What was your set up before? A single diaphragm booster? 11”? I am just trying to gauge for a comparison. But I am definitley leaning toward the dual. Just not sure if 7” vs 8” makes a difference.

Figured out how to mount a flag on the tailgate reinforcement...

269899137_10225156106521837_8662866902642864531_n.jpg

Super minor... but found the front grab handles that come with the JLU, looks like it's 2 screws which makes for an easy 'install' but was surprised it wasn't a velcro-type 😀

Last edited:
Checked and double checked everything on my Gladiator is ready for the EOY ride, including loading 240lbs of sand to keep the rear weighted down and just in case we need it.
The anniversary of one of the big trips passed this week. The one with all the winch pulls, man I miss that ride.

Finished the flat fender install. Fronts were super easy, the rear hardware wasn't what I expected so I used rivnuts instead. Once the rivnuts were installed it was also super easy. I still need to figure out my corny wheel lights but I'm super happy with how it turned out.

Attachments

• 87A8E1A1-F7D8-4359-83E3-DFF41A2CBA9E.jpeg
    87A8E1A1-F7D8-4359-83E3-DFF41A2CBA9E.jpeg
    533.8 KB · Views: 37
  • AE62AFD7-7662-41C4-BB55-F02A595EECEA.jpeg
    AE62AFD7-7662-41C4-BB55-F02A595EECEA.jpeg
    466.7 KB · Views: 39
Tried my new welder out for the first time. Got 2 seconds in and popped a breaker. Power is very limited in my garage. Not many outlets and I can’t get to them due to tool boxes and cabinets etc. In my brain scratching I realized my washer and dryer share a wall with my garage. After a couple runs to Home Depot and lowes I bought some 8/3, a box, a N14-50 plug, and a N6-50 receptacle. I cut a small hole in my furnace room (doors are in the garage) to the laundry room. Now when I open my furnace room I have a 220 plug. I just unplug the dryer when needed.

Took 2 pieces of 1/8” steel and did my first real MiG weld ever. Have to say I’m pretty happy with my first attempt.

Jeep related, I need to get the machine and me dialed in as I have sway bar end link tabs I need to weld onto the axles tubes. 😉

E95781FA-C588-44CF-B14F-9AFCEAB178B2.jpeg

Finished the flat fender install. Fronts were super easy, the rear hardware wasn't what I expected so I used rivnuts instead. Once the rivnuts were installed it was also super easy. I still need to figure out my corny wheel lights but I'm super happy with how it turned out.

Those fender flares look like the aluminum ones I installed. Aries makes a fender flare light that will work with those. Keep the wire harness from the old lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back