Welcome to the New Forum

1MB with a max of ten per post. For me it’s easier to run it through the app to resize.
I like the app. Especially knowing the size limit. It tells me the size of the pic, then i can shrink it down just enough.

I am having issues loading pictures. I keep getting an error message saying my picture is too big. How do I make it "smaller" without making it a thumbnail?!? :ROFLMAO:

I am having issues loading pictures. I keep getting an error message saying my picture is too big. How do I make it "smaller" without making it a thumbnail?!? :ROFLMAO:
When your pics are too big, you can either screenshot them, crop them and then use the screen shot, or, Sean pointed me to an app called Image Size that allows you to see the size and reduce the image and save a reduced copy of the pic to upload here

Attachments

• 2A564137-0958-4440-AFF4-C6E1BBF84C35.jpeg
    2A564137-0958-4440-AFF4-C6E1BBF84C35.jpeg
    367.8 KB · Views: 54
  • E690A7AA-3442-4B7A-9A95-307F159EE979.jpeg
    E690A7AA-3442-4B7A-9A95-307F159EE979.jpeg
    818.8 KB · Views: 59
We are looking at some ways to balance the size of pictures, vs the storage requirements on the server. Every picture costs a bit to store so we are trying to find the most efficient way to do so

Is it possible to add a logo to the push notifications to replace the bell or browser icon?

Discourse has this feature:

View attachment 3513
So it looks like it is not natively supported within XenForo currently, but there is a standard that does allow for it:
https://docs.w3cub.com/dom/serviceworkerregistration/shownotification.html

I'm not a developer by training - perhaps @unl1mtd could take a look on the server to see if there is a way to manually patch the notification function :)

I also opened up a suggestion on the XenForo developers forum requesting this feature. If it gets implemented we can for sure turn it on!

So it looks like it is not natively supported within XenForo currently, but there is a standard that does allow for it:
https://docs.w3cub.com/dom/serviceworkerregistration/shownotification.html

I'm not a developer by training - perhaps @unl1mtd could take a look on the server to see if there is a way to manually patch the notification function :)

I also opened up a suggestion on the XenForo developers forum requesting this feature. If it gets implemented we can for sure turn it on!
Cool, just thought it would be a nice touch for us Android users who can get push notifications. Maybe one day Apple will finally support web push too.

I have found that searching for a user only returns results when searching via forum name. On the old forum you could search by first name, last name, forum name or email address. Any way we could add email address as a mechanism for searching for a user?

I have found that searching for a user only returns results when searching via forum name. On the old forum you could search by first name, last name, forum name or email address. Any way we could add email address as a mechanism for searching for a user?
Check out under the Members tab and click Member Search
1643681779388.png

From here you can search based on the following fields (note: users need to populate their profile with this data to search for it):
Username
First Name
Last Name

Xenforo does not expose email addresses to general users as the platform considers them "private".

Officers and BOD have access to the Email Search option due to their club administration duties - which allows for searching based on email
1643682853981.png

Check out under the Members tab and click Member Search
View attachment 3552

From here you can search based on the following fields (note: users need to populate their profile with this data to search for it):
Username
First Name
Last Name

Xenforo does not expose email addresses to general users as the platform considers them "private".

Officers and BOD have access to the Email Search option due to their club administration duties - which allows for searching based on email
View attachment 3553
Ahh, thanks for pointing it out to me...totally missed it.

Back