Troubles posting pictures

ACEDad

Member 2024
Is anyone else havI got trouble posting pictures? When I try to use the button for pictures it is asking for a url and has a picture of the link icon. I tried on safari and chrom, computer and iPad and the same thing happens not matter what.

thanks

I have not had any issues. You are clicking this one right here, right? If you click the "media" one that is two icons over to the right, then you need the URL

1655808791857.png

One of my favorite things about XenForo is the ease of posting pictures...

I'm not sure it will work as easily on an Apple, But using Chrome on a Windows box, it's as easy as opening an image in any application, using the system clipboard to 'copy'. then clicking in your message and pasting. I just tested it in off topic to make sure it works on NovaJeepers, and it does...

On windows, open an image in photo viewer, right click the image and select "copy", Then right click in the post editing window and click "paste". No need to use the "Insert Image" dialog.

c05596fb9e82968f63701d71653be833.jpg

On apple it’s a little different and annoying. On replying you click the icon on the far left. On my iphone a pop up appears asking for permission to my photos which I allow and then it brings up my gallery to choose photos to give access to. If you need to select more photos or hit don’t allow my iphone won’t give the pop up to choose more photos until you close the app reopen and try to post another picture. I feel your frustration I have had that url issue before but it’s been a while.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Currently, posting photos is a right afforded to current members. Non-members will not be able to post photos natively.

That decision was made at transition time to help moderate the storage requirements of the forum.

Yep that is the icon I was clicking but it looks like it is directing me to what I think is the link window. Mostly likely the membership issue that Galactica mentioned is directing me to the link. Thanks for letting me know I was not going nuts

Back