Transitioned from JLUR to a new 2021 JTRD

3VOLVE

Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Went in for service and was offered ridiculous money for the JLUR.  I really didn’t want to, but it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.  Found a nicely spec’d JTRD in Rockville a week later and here we are today.

Dropped her off on the 20th of December for some minor surgery and picked her up yesterday with a freshly installed 3.5” Clayton Offroad lift on 37” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss wrapped around some Black Rhino beadlocks. 

More to come…

2259a54ca89fcb2215a9e25c79cf8a24.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3VOLVE said:
Went in for service and was offered ridiculous money for the JLUR.  I really didn’t want to, but it was a deal I couldn’t pass up.  Found a nicely spec’d JTRD in Rockville a week later and here we are today.

Dropped her off on the 20th of December for some minor surgery and picked her up yesterday with a freshly installed 3.5” Clayton Offroad lift on 37” Mickey Thompson Baja Boss wrapped around some Black Rhino beadlocks. 

More to come…

And a hot rod bug in the garage....hummmm

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

What are you going to do with gearing?

R3 said:
What are you going to do with gearing?

Surprisingly the diesel moves out just fine on the stock gears.  That being said, I am saving up for a regear to either 4.56 or 4.88 and add RCV front and chromoly rear axles at the same time.

Daaaang that is a nice looking rig!

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

3VOLVE said:

More to come…

SWEET!  Congrats!  Nice bug too!

Back