tires????

R3

Offroad Committee Lead
Trail Instructor
Member 2024
Blue Ribbon Coalition
VA4WDA
Having fun trying to find tires. web pages state they are in stock until you go to check out.... Local discount tire gave me a great run around tryign to sell me anything but what I was asking for....

I bought mine at costco.com. I happened to find them in stock one day, after local warehouses claimed it would be months. The website is like another warehouse and has its own inventory. And you are very limited on brands available, but I wanted BFGs. I even happened to line up my purchase with the Michelin coupon and saved a couple bucks.

They currently have 37" km3s "in stock", 39" is out of stock.

Purchased tires are then sent to your local costco, and you make an appointment for install when they arrive. They seemed a bit nervous doing 37s, but got them balanced. And I've been very happy. I drove them to CO and back without any issues.

I have been using the same tire dealer for over 35 years. Radial Tire in Silver Spring. They are the single largest single store tire dealer in the country. Their prices beat Tire Rip Off sorrry Tire Rack out the door mounted on your vehicle or your wheels. My bro and I have spent well over $30K on tire and wheels there. Purchased 4 BFG Trail Terrains there back in November w/o issue and there out the door price beat anyone local by $100 and Tire Rack by $75 but then I get the wholesale price. Now they are always super busy. The line on Satuday mornings begins to form just before 8am. They open at 9am. Ask to speak to Paul the owner and tell them Dave Apker recommended them. Paul the owner is a former SCCA and IMSA racer and provides big time support ie dollars to local BMWCCA and PCA chapters. Since 1990 probably well over $100K to National Capitol Chapter of the BMWCCA in support. Radial Tire loves to support local car clubs. They can mount and balance anything out there.

Dave Apker

You saw those ones I just put on the Bronco Rob, got them at 4 wheel parts, I picked them up in Glen Burnie, but shipping to you is free... I had them mounted and road forced balanced at just-n-tyme right behind my shop, and they're super smooth running...

Like to try the Mickey Thompson Mt this go round....hard to find under $500/

Dirt Nerds has at least two sets of the MT Baja Boss M/t’s in 37x12.5x17 in stock, last time I was in there.

Believe it or not, Quadratec has the Baja Boss MT in 37x12.5/17 for $470. Free shipping.
That's where I got my Milestars.

I have been using the same tire dealer for over 35 years. Radial Tire in Silver Spring. They are the single largest single store tire dealer in the country. Their prices beat Tire Rip Off sorrry Tire Rack out the door mounted on your vehicle or your wheels. My bro and I have spent well over $30K on tire and wheels there. Purchased 4 BFG Trail Terrains there back in November w/o issue and there out the door price beat anyone local by $100 and Tire Rack by $75 but then I get the wholesale price. Now they are always super busy. The line on Satuday mornings begins to form just before 8am. They open at 9am. Ask to speak to Paul the owner and tell them Dave Apker recommended them. Paul the owner is a former SCCA and IMSA racer and provides big time support ie dollars to local BMWCCA and PCA chapters. Since 1990 probably well over $100K to National Capitol Chapter of the BMWCCA in support. Radial Tire loves to support local car clubs. They can mount and balance anything out there.

Dave Apker
Radial is where I bought all my racing tires. He was a big supporter. Good guys and great prices.

And I don't want to know what I spent on tires there. $250/each fast for 8 heat cycles, trashed after 16.

When I was shopping, it was between the km3 and the baja boss m/t. Walmart was one place that seemed to consistently have the mickeys. (I don't love buying from Walmart)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mickey-Thompson-Baja-Boss-37X12-50R17LT-124Q-Tire/666805291

here is another online retailer that does a bunch of videos comparing tires, they have the 37" mickey for $471/tire

https://www.trailbuiltoffroad.com/b...ckey-thompson-baja-boss-mt-37x1250r17lt-tires

If you are looking at 40s, the price goes way up!

I'm picking up 40s today, just a touch under 500 a tire from Discount Tire! They were out of stock, but I reached out to Discount through the Gladiator Forum and they hooked me up.

Cooper SST Pros.

So to circle back to this thread. Tires...Sigh... you can't get what you want and don't want what they have. Lead times I have been quoted from 2-12 weeks on US built tires.... first started looking for Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MTs.... hens teeth. Now tha the plan has changed somewhat I found BFG 39s thru Discount Tire. Ordered 5 for $2250.00 delivered with a 3-4 week lead. Since the new Axles will not be here for 8-9 weeks I am good with the lead time. The price.... mil discount and using their credit card that is pretty cheap for Big a$$ tires. $450ea delivered, was looking at $450 ea for BFG 37s and $500+ for MT.

So to circle back to this thread. Tires...Sigh... you can't get what you want and don't want what they have. Lead times I have been quoted from 2-12 weeks on US built tires.... first started looking for Mickey Thompson Baja Boss MTs.... hens teeth. Now tha the plan has changed somewhat I found BFG 39s thru Discount Tire. Ordered 5 for $2250.00 delivered with a 3-4 week lead. Since the new Axles will not be here for 8-9 weeks I am good with the lead time. The price.... mil discount and using their credit card that is pretty cheap for Big a$$ tires. $450ea delivered, was looking at $450 ea for BFG 37s and $500+ for MT.
Nice bit of dealin' there. Always surprises how combining discounts and even applying for a house CC can really save $$. Good job cuz above 37" they get expensive fast.

Reactions: R3
So to add insult to injury, cali is trying to put into law a tax on all fossil fueled vehicles hauling SEACANs out of the port. Since most of the tires we run come from or are dependent on supplies from the west coast this could add to the problem of finding tires. Case in point right now BFG 37/39s no stock in the foreseeable future this from the manufacturer. Went looking for Mikey Thompsons..... again limited production and no real ship dates very adhoc.

Dirt Nerds and Mr. Tire in Sterling have 37” MT’s in stock.

Reactions: R3
Not sure I've ever seen an STT that big before... but All the smaller ones I've seen seem to perform pretty well!

Not sure I've ever seen an STT that big before... but All the smaller ones I've seen seem to perform pretty well!
@Fearless has a set and they worked awesome...could be the driver to...the combination is killer

Back